If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Well, it's Friday and the end of another week of work. It's been a good week, but a busy week. I've been having fun learning this blog stuff. It seems like each day, I'm learning a little bit more. Thanks Cathy for all your help.

Our ladies Bible Study just finished week 6 of the Beth Moore Study, "Believing God". What an awesome study. I feel like I'm learning so much. I'm learning to really believe God and what He says instead of just believing in Him. There are 5 main concepts of Believing that she is teaching. The one I love probably the most is "I am who He says I am." I need to hear that and remember that. I have a tendency to believe what Satan says instead of what God says. You know Satan always puts us down and tells us we aren't worth anything. But God says we are because He loves us and made us, so that makes us valuable to Him. The reason I'm worth something is because of God and not me. He says I and loved, blessed, redeemed, forgiven, adopted, accepted and chosen. Wow!! All because of Jesus Christ. Romans 5:8 says: "But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners." NLT

That is so astounding to me, that He loved me while I was still a sinner and died for me so I can now be called His own. I don't know about you, but that makes all the difference in how I can view myself. There's a song that says "When He sees me He sees the Blood of the Lamb, He sees me as worthy and not as I am. He views me in garments as white as the snow. For the Lamb of God is worthy and He washed me this I know."

All I can say is Thank You Lord.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy