Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Then this evening we went to Dixie Stampede. If you've never been, you should check it out if you get the chance. It's a dinner and show. Lots of fun and the food is really good. Anyway, it's been a great day and a great year.
Happy New Year to all of you from me and my family!!!!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Yesterday we took a drive through Gatlinburg (we'll actually spend some time there probably tomorrow or Thursday) and then we drove around the By-pass and stopped at some overlooks and took some pictures. Thought I'd share a couple of them with you.
Well the girls are down here eating now, so it's time for me to shut this down. Have a good day. I'll probably check in later while the girls are swimming.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Anyway, we're having a good time here in Pigeon Forge. We're getting ready to head out to do some shopping. It looks like a beautiful day. We got here yesterday around 6:30-7:00pm and it was 52 degrees. Wow, I love it when it's like that. Just a hoodie and you're set to go. I hope to get some great photos, cause the skies are beautiful and you can't say enough good about how great the mountains are. God is so good to give us this beautiful country!!!
Have a great day and I'll talk to you soon!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
This is the question Kim from Cafe Chat asked. What is one thing you will commit to do in 2009 that will draw you closer to Jesus? (This is not a New Year’s Resolution)
In a previous post I said that my prayer for 2009 was to do this verse.
Psalm 25:5a "All day long I put my hope in you." I believe if I do that, instead of depending on myself, I can't help but stay in His plan and perfect will for my life.
Friday, December 26, 2008
2. I spent some time doing a Bible Study about joy and found some really good stuff. I mentioned some of what I found in the previous post.
3. We went to Red Lobster for lunch. I had shrimp and it was really good!
4. My daughter got a lot of books for Christmas this year. One she got was Tilly by Frank Peretti. I had read this book many years ago, but couldn't exactly remember the story. I borrowed it from her this afternoon and read it and it is so good. It's sad and sweet, but most of all it reminds me how much God loves us and He forgives us for the mistakes we make. God is so good and merciful. If you get a chance, read Tilly. It's very short, but very good.
5. Santa brought our family the game of Life for Christmas. We just played and it took us about 2 hours to play. Hubby won (as usual), KLS came in second and KJS and I tied for third place. Oh well, it was fun anyway!!
6. Now I get to blog and read or watch TV or whatever!
Definitely my kind of day. I love this vacation so far!!!
4 Show me the path where I should walk, O LORD; point out the right road for me to follow.
5 Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
6 Remember, O LORD, your unfailing love and compassion, which you have shown from long ages past.
7 Forgive the rebellious sins of my youth; look instead through the eyes of your unfailing love, for you are merciful, O LORD.
8 The LORD is good and does what is right; he shows the proper path to those who go astray.
9 He leads the humble in what is right, teaching them his way.
10 The LORD leads with unfailing love and faithfulness all those who keep his covenant and obey his decrees.
Psalm 25:4-10 NLT
If you get the chance, read the whole chapter. It's really good!
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
The Night Before Christmas
‘Twas the night before Christmas and all round my hips
Were Fannie May candies that sneaked past my lips.
Fudge brownies were stored in the freezer with care
In hopes that my thighs would forget they were there.
While Mama in her girdle and I in chin straps
Had just settled down to sugar-borne naps.
When out in the pantry there arose such a clatter
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the kitchen I flew like a flash,
Tore open the icebox then threw up the sash.
The marshmallow look of the new-fallen snow
Sent thoughts of a binge to my body below.
When what to my wandering eyes should appear
A marzipan Santa with eight chocolate reindeer!
That huge chunk of candy so luscious and slick
I knew in a second that I’d wind up sick.
The sweet-coated santa, those sugared reindeer
I closed my eyes tightly but still I could hear;
On Pritzker, on Stillman, on week one, on TOPS
A Weight Watcher dropout from sugar detox.
From the top of the scales to the top of the hall
Now dash away pounds now dash away all.
Dressed up in Lane Bryant from my head to nightdress
My clothes were all bulging from too much excess.
My droll little mouth and my round little belly,
They shook when I laughed like a bowl full of jelly.
I spoke not a word but went straight to my work
Ate all of the candy then turned with a jerk.
And laying a finger beside my heartburn
Gave a quick nod toward the bedroom I turned.
I eased into bed, to the heavens I cry–
If temptation’s removed I’ll get thin by and by.
And I mumbled again as I turned for the night
In the morning I’ll starve… ’til I take that first bite!
Now we're headed out to finish up some last minute shopping. Mostly just stocking stuffers and then it's on to my mom and dad's house for Christmas Eve. I always love going there on Christmas Eve. It brings back so many memories, plus there's always great food. We all bring in some stuff. I feel like a little kid because I can't wait to get there!!!
Well all, hope you have a very Merry Christmas Eve!!!!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Then when I came home from work, the girls are in the new warm fleecey PJ's they got from a darling lady at church yesterday and sitting and watching Jon and Kate plus 8. What a life!!!!
In fact, it's just the life I intend to live after one more day of work!!! Yeah I'll be on vacation after 1 more day until January 5th! Can't wait.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
That year KLS was so excited when they started passing out the gifts. She'd open a gift and exclaim over it and then she'd say, "I want another one, I want another one." I don't think she'd ever seen so much stuff. Over and over she'd ask for another one. We have it on video and we all like to tease her about it. KJS was excited too, but she was only 2 and really didn't understand it all and would just take her time opening her gifts. I think KLS is kind of embarrassed now about doing this, but maybe in some ways she had the right idea. I think God would like us to be like KLS and be that excited about receiving the gifts He's given to us. We should be so excited when we receive the gift of His Son, that we'd say I want another one or I want more of You and what You have for me.
Maybe that's why He says we need to receive Him like a child. We should be so thrilled to receive Christ and all He has for our lives; like love never-ending and peace that passes all understanding.
Lord I pray that you will make me more like a child wanting all of You.
Friday, December 19, 2008
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? – Hot chocolate definitely. Instant or homemade. I love them both.
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? – They are wrapped.
3. Lights on house / tree are colored or white? – Colored!
4. Do you have mistletoe? – No, but I want to get some.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving usually, but we started early this year, but left the blinds drawn so only we saw them and not the neighbors til after Thanksgiving.
6. Favorite Holiday Dish (Excluding dessert)? – Dumplings
7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? – Trying to sleep, but being too excited on Christmas Eve.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? – Can't remember.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? – At my mom's house yes, but we wait til Christmas morning at home. After all, Santa doesn't come til then.
10. How do you decorate your tree? – I pick out the ornaments and put the hooks on and the girls place them on the tree where they want them.
11. SNOW. Love it or dread it? – If I can stay home, I love it. If I have to work, I hate it.
12. Can you ice skate? – yes, although it's probably been 15 years since I tried. Sooo, maybe not.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? – Not really. I love anything that someone takes the time to give me.
14. What is the most important thing about Christmas to you? – Spending time with family and remember Jesus.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? - Chocolate Chip Cookies and Laweb candy and Buckeyes!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? – We read the Christmas story from Luke on Christmas morning watching Christmas movies together.
17. What tops your Christmas tree? – An angel.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving gifts? – Giving without a doubt.
19. Favorite Christmas Song? – Away in the Manger
20. Candy Canes, Yum or Yuck? - They are okay, not my favorite (no chocolate!)
21. What do you want for Christmas? – time with my family and time off work
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? – We have a Christmas Dinner at Church each year and I attend a Christmas Dinner with my work.
23. Do you usually dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? – We go to my mom's, so I kinda have to be dressed. But it's very casual, just not PJ casual.
24. Do you own a Santa Hat? – No, but my girls do. In fact, my 17 year old wore hers to school today.
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? – My parents and brothers and sisters families on Christmas Eve, Christmas morning, just us at home and Christmas afternoon with my husband's parents and brother's family.
26. What is your favorite Christmas decoration and why? – The tree. Just because I think it's always so beautiful and my light up houses and churches for the same reason. Actually I like them all. Hard to pick a favorite.
Sure would like to see some more of you doing this meme.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I decided to try to take a picture using them. See how they turn each light into a Christmas Star? Isn't that the coolest thing? They have them that turn them into snowflakes and other designs too. I think we got them at either Home Depot or Lowes. I just think there fun.
|From Tales of the TCKK Family|
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
On this bookshelf is where I put our nativity (which you can see in a previous post) and one of our villages is up on top. Below is another village that sits on the buffet in the diningroom.
I hope you enjoyed our decorations. Please be sure to visit BooMama to see more homes.
Ever wonder what it would’ve been like if the wise men had been women? When they arrived at the manger, you can bet they would have:
1.asked for directions;
2.arrived on time;
3.helped deliver the baby;
4.cleaned the stable;
5.brought practical gifts; and
6.made a casserole!
And a couple of our ladies added another one.
7. They would have made reservations ahead of time!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
I love the thought from their song that when Mary kissed her baby, she kissed the face of God. How awesome would that be? Can you imagine what it must have been like to kiss the face of God? And some day we'll get to see Him face to face. What a time that will be!
There's also a line in the song that says "This child that you delivered, will soon deliver you!" Again, what an awesome thought. But that's just what Christ did. Through his death and resurrection, He's delivered each one of us, along with His own mother. All we have to do is believe that He is the son of God and accept Him as our Savior.
My prayer this Christmas Season is that each one of us will take time to think about Jesus and what He has done for us and that we'll accept Him as Lord and Savior of our life. There is no greater gift than this!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
We watched "The Nativity" last night. I absolutely love this movie. I love having a visual of how things may have been when Jesus was born. I know the very first time I saw the movie when they showed the scene where the shepherds and wisemen come to see Jesus, it made me tear up. Again, let me say I love this movie.
Now just for fun, I thought I'd show you a picture of our Nativity. Mary and Jesus are in the shadow in the first picture so I used a flash in the second and it kinda of washed everything out. But anyway, here it is
Thursday, December 11, 2008
My prayer is that I'll be more like Mary. That whatever the Lord asks of me, I will do. Without complaining and whining and without fear of looking foolish and without worrying about what everyone will think of me. I mean, if anyone really put themselves out there, it was Mary. But her response was "be it unto me according to thy word." What an awesome and brave person she was.
"Lord, help me to hear your voice and always be willing to do whatever you ask of me."
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Now I've started reading "Twilight". I haven't gotten very far yet, so I'll keep my thoughts to myself for now.
Monday, December 8, 2008
These 2 pictures are inside the Tri-County Mall in Cincinnati, OH. I love malls at Christmas Time. I've been going to this mall since I was a little girl and they have always had such beautiful decorations. Obviously Santa was taking a break when I was there. Maybe he was posting his picture for That's My World!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Fun Day - I can't wait until tomorrow! I'm taking a vacation day and going shopping and out to lunch with my sister who is on vacation this week. Planning to have a fun girls day out. I don't know where we're going yet or exactly what all we'll be doing, but it should be fun. We always have a good time together. I'll let you know tomorrow if we get any good stuff or any good deals.
Dieting - yuck!! Hubby and I both are trying to lose a few pounds before the holidays. I've been up and down so much this year it's unbelievable!
TV - Plan to watch Survivor tonight. Is anyone else watching that this season?
Reading - I'm reading Ted Dekker's book "Blink". If you're looking for a good book to read, this is really keeping my attention.
That's all for now.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Anyway, I digress. I took them and they loved it. They think Edward is gorgeous and that he is the most awesome thing out there. Well, guess what? I thought the movie was pretty good too. Now, I'm not much for vampires, but it was still good. In fact, it really was a nice love story. Now lookswise, Edward is not really my cup of tea because he's so pale and has really big eyebrows. But I must say, he was very polite and sweet and knew how to treat a girl.
So mom's if your teenagers want to see this, it's not too bad to watch (in my opinion anyway). It kept my attention (WooHoo, I didn't fall asleep) and the girls and I had a great time together.
I told my daughter not to loan her books out again right now, because I guess I'll be reading the books as soon as I finish the book I'm reading right now (Ted Dekker's "Blink") Who knew I'd be watching and reading about vampires? If you had told me this at the beginning of the year I would've thought you were silly!
I'd like to hear what some more of you all think about this movie or the books, if you've seen or read them?
Monday, December 1, 2008
The above 3 photos are some candid shots of the family at the table. Below is hubby and me. Below that is my mom and dad and below that are my two girls and my 2 nephews. Below that is a photo of my brother and his wife who's home we invaded. Thanks little brother for having all of us over.