If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Skin

Skin by Ted Dekker

I just read this book this weekend. It was very good, but very different from most books I read. It grabbed my attention on the first page and I couldn't put it down. It's one of those books that I couldn't figure out what was happening. I was so tempted throughout the book to skip to the end so I could get it figured out. My daughter kept begging me not to do that because it would ruin the whole story. So, I didn't do it. I read it through instead. I'm glad I did it that way. The only problem was I couldn't stand to put the book down, so I got nothing else done this weekend. I just read. Well that's not totally true, I did go out to eat with the family and I did go to church, both services, and I did watch 2 movies with my daughters too. Oh, and I worked a 550 piece jigsaw puzzle too. But my house needs cleaning and I need to do some laundry! So I guess in all truthfulness, I did what I wanted to do this weekend and let the work slide! ;)

It's fun to do that every once in a while. Hope you all had a great weekend too!!

6 comments:

  1. You sound totally like me...funny how i can get done what i WANT to get done...I may have to check this book out for summer reading...especially if it's a mystery...cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the librarian in me loves to read great book review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been quite awhile since I've read a book I couldn't put down. I'll have to check this one out. I haven't read too much this past year, for some odd reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Ted Dekker.
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds an interesting book. Thanks for the review.
    Look forward to catching up with you when we get back. Thanks for the good wishes for our trip.
    Best Wishes
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I can totaly relate. When I really get into a book I just can't stop reading it and will even read late into the night knowing I have to get up the next morning and that I'll regret the lack of sleep. I've never heard of this author or book so I'll check it out! Thanks and hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy