If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Nothing Much

I got nothing much to say right now. Life's pretty good, but nothing much blog worthy today or this past weekend. We went to a Sweet 16 Party for the daughter of a guy I work with. The girls had a good time and the food was excellent.

We had really good services at church yesterday. Got take-out from a Chinese restaurant for lunch and came home and took a nap. That was good! Not blog-worthy, but I sure enjoyed it.

The Beth Moore "Living Beyond Yourself" Bible study is awesome. This week is on peace. We've done love, joy and now peace. It's pretty cool when you start realizing that the fruit of the spirit comes from him, not us. Takes a little of the pressure off. We just have to serve Him and be obedient and He gives us the love for others (even those who are hard to love). He brings the joy (in knowing we have salvation through His son. How can we not have joy when our names are in the Lamb's Book of Life?!) And peace comes from God too. He gives us peace even in times of trouble.

God is so good! And by the way, I'm kinda glad life is a little quiet right now. I need times like that sometimes. How about you?

4 comments:

  1. gotta enjoy those "quiet" times....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, quiet is GOOD sometimes!!!

    I can't wait for a quiet day. I think Thursday "might" be one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quiet times too. The only quiet time I get these days is when my eyes are closed & everyone else is in bed. Atleast until one of the kids gets up to use the bathroom and wakes me up to let me know they are using it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am all about loving the quiet times. Hopefully, we are in an extended quiet time...for awhile!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy