Wednesday, January 27, 2010
I'm not very good at waiting, unfortunately. Something I definitely need to work on.
2. Maybe a marshmallow wouldn't be too difficult a temptation for you. What food (or anything else) would be most tempting?
Yeah, a marshmallow wouldn't be bad, but now any kind of chocolate would be a real problem.
3. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being saintly) how patient are you?
On a good day, maybe an 8, but on every other day about a 4.
4. Have you ever waited for something in life only to be disappointed upon realization of the goal/object/etc.?
5. Are you a person who takes shortcuts?
6. Which line is hardest to wait in?
7. Did you wait to discover the gender of your unborn child until its birth?
8. Are you more patient with children or the elderly?
9. Did you ever sneak a peek at a present?
I don't think so, because I don't want to ruin the surprise.
10. What is the longest you've ever waited for anything?
To get married. I was 31. Or to retire - I'm still waiting after 33 years of working.
11. Who has more patience, you or your significant other?
Dad (I asked Kelli and she said dad too. What in the world does that say about me.)
12. Which of the following songs about waiting is your pick for the best? (OK, you may substitute another, if you like.)
A) Anticipation by Carly Simon
B) The Waiting by Tom Petty
C) Right Here Waiting for You by Richard Marx
D) Wait for Me by Rebecca St. James
I'd say Anticipation, mainly cause I don't think I know the others. lol