If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Random Dozen

Linda from 2nd Cup of Coffee has posted the questions for Random Dozen Again.  Looks like she had some help from Kelley at I Didn't Know That.  Kelley gave the first 6 questions of this weeks dozen.  So click on the link at Linda's (after you've read my answers of course...lol) and get your copy of the questions and then play along with the rest of us.  It really is a lot of fun.


1. Do you use the labels various charities send you as “free gifts?”
Not usually because they always use just my name and most things I mail come from all of us or at least hubby and I.

2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for skywatching?
Sunrise or sunset because I love all the beautiful colors.  Check out my SkyWatch Friday posts and you'll see what I mean.

3. What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food? (Keep it G-rated please)
I ate Alligator Tail and Squid and I think both were on the same vacation trip with my brother. Actually they were both pretty good.

4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? (Trust me, there's a reason for this one!)
Nope and I really don't know what this means.  (okay - thanks SouthLakesMom for the heads up on this one. Luke 19:40)  No I've never heard a rock sing and I don't intend to because I never plan to stop praising Him!

5. If you could learn a language you don't presently speak, what would it be?
Spanish

6. Al Capone's tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?
"She truly loved God"

7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like.
 I have no idea...if I come up with something I'll come back and edit this.  (Maybe Lucy...just because I like that name for some reason)

8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show?
I was really hooked on a soap opera one time. It was "Days of Our Lives" I was so into it, that I would get angry if I had to miss it. This was back in my 20's when I worked 2nd shift and was always home during the day. I finally decided that it was crazy to be that hooked so I gave it up completely.  Still to this day I have never watched a complete episode of that show.  I've stopped in passing a couple times for just a minute or 2 but that's it.  Now, I can really get into Survivor, but not so much that I'm actually angry when I miss it.  Maybe a little miffed, but not angry.

9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Any other variation we should know about?
I do the really big ones, and usually 2 or 3 in a row.  

10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere?
Nope.  Actually I rarely ever read a newspaper other than Dear Abby and the comics.

11. Are you a good speller?
Yes, usually.

12. At what time each day do you start thinking about lunch?
We always laugh at work and say it's legal to start talking about lunch at 10:30am.


16 comments:

  1. Hey Cathy, I enjoyed reading your answers. It seems most of us want to learn Spanish. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

    BTW, if you haven't been by lately, I'm having a giveaway. Please be sure to stop by and enter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4 is Luke 19...

    Alligator Tail and Squid -- I guess anything will taste good if they butter it up and spice it enough, right? Very adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read the same part of the paper I do! (At least, that's where I start.) : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alligator....REALLY???...it was good???

    The worst thing I have tried is squid & turtle(tasted like chicken)....but I guess that's what everyone says :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy...I think most of us had a hard time with the musical name. I needed more coffee to answer some of the questions this week!

    I'll check out your skywatch posts...I love sunrise in this house because we see it come up over a hill and it's just beautiful most days. I included a picture in my random today, taken from my back deck.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always great to get to know you better. I, too would love to learn Spanish. I took it many years ago, in college, but do NOT remember any of it.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're more adventurous than I am. Alligator? Wow! I used to love All My Children when I was younger. I check in every now and then to see how characters change. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alligator & squid - blech!

    Loved your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with ya on the newspaper, if I ever do get one I read the comics and entertainment section first. The real news depresses me. Great Answers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on Spanish and spelling, and absolutely with you on the 'rock' thing! Loved your answer on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh! I want that on my tombstone too. I am going to tell my kids that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Cathy~

    I always LOVE reading your answers to these questions. It's so nice getting to know you through these "RANDOM" questions!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoyed your answers! I am a Days Fan, however I do not have to watch it. But if I am at home I usually do.
    And the rattlesnake really was good! I enjoyed it.

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those were great. You are as adventurous as me....just enough to say you are lol. I have begun a new interest in the comics due to that question on one of the last few Random Dozens plus I am cutting coupons, well in theory anyway. lol
    Take care,
    Chel

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was the same way with DOOL. and no..can't watch it now at all! It just seems too stupid or something. But I'm totally hooked on Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. I have all the seasons of Grey's on dvd!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You need to stop over and pick up your award at my blog. Thanks!

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy