here to join Linda for Random Dozen at 2nd cup of coffee
1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything?
My daughter has won awards for her art work and both girls have won trophies for playing basketball and volleyball.
2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
My father-in-law, some uncles and cousins, etc.
3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
Seeing our flag flying against a blue, blue sky.
4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
I'm a middle child. I have an older brother and sister and a younger brother and sister. It probably made a difference, but I wouldn't change a thing. I like being the middle child.
5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
Pants. I haven't work a dress or skirt in years.
7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
3-4. Usually I pray until I fall asleep.
8. Share a favorite movie quote.
Just keep swimming... by Dory of Finding Nemo. After all, I feel some days in this life that's just what we have to do, just keep swimming...and trusting the Lord.
9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
Looking at the beautiful fall colors of the changing leaves.
11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
The story of God delighting me with his glory. If you want to read it, click here.
12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be?
I met them before my hubby and I started dating. My husband was the choir director at church when I joined the choir and both of his parents were in the choir. It was probably a year or more before we started dating. I think when he asked me out the first time, his mom was almost as excited as I was. lol I have the most wonderful in-laws in the world. So sorry for the rest of you. hahaha