Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Go visit Joyce at From This Side of the Pond to play along.
1. Have you ever been on a real sleigh ride? How about the warm weather version - a carriage ride?
I have not been on a real sleigh ride, but I have taken a carriage ride in Williamsburg, VA.
2. What's your policy on 'chain mail'...you know, the emails you receive that are often some sort of poem/blessing/good wish that ask you to send it on to 10 or 12 friends? Do you delete without opening, read and trash, read and trash and then worry you won't be blessed/lucky/protected? Do you delete the sender from your contacts or just go ahead and send the love onward?
I don't have a policy, but I don't do chain mail. If the poem or story is good, I'll forward it, but take off all the stuff about sending to so many people, good luck stuff, etc.
3. Who is your favorite character in any of the Christmas movies and why?
Betty Haynes (Rosemary Clooney) from White Christmas. Because she's pretty and she can sing and I just love that movie.
4. Share a favorite quote.
"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me". Erma Bombeck
5. What's your favorite holiday scent?
Vanilla or Apple Cinnamon
6. Does the Christmas season stress you out? In what way?
Some days yes and some days no. I love it when all the obligations are completed and I can just sit and relax and enjoy the decorations, my family and Christmas music and movies.
7. What's the best thing about your life right now?
My husband who keeps on loving me no matter what.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
What if the Wisemen were Wise women?
My husband used this in a sermon in 2008 and I posted it on 12/15/2008 & I still get hits on this in search engines, so thought I'd share it again as a random thought. Hope you enjoy it.
Ever wonder what it would’ve been like if the wise men had been women? When they arrived at the manger, you can bet they would have:
1.asked for directions;
2.arrived on time;
3.helped deliver the baby;
4.cleaned the stable;
5.brought practical gifts; and
6.made a casserole!
And a couple of our ladies added another one.
7. They would have made reservations ahead of time!