If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Siesta Scripture Memory

Beth Moore at her blog is hosting the Siesta Scripture Memory Team again for 2011. On the 1st and 15th of each month they make a post and anyone who wants to participate can leave a comment with the verse you plan to memorize. By the end of the year we should all have 24 verses memorized. I think that's pretty cool and I think it's something I can handle doing. I don't know about you, but I've never memorized 24 verses in a year before. But I'm on #2 starting today.

My verses are:

1 - “From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can snatch anyone out of my hand. No one can undo what I have done.” Isaiah 43:13 NLT

2 -
“Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.” Isaiah 46:10 NLT

As you can see, I've also put them in my sidebar so I'll see them every time I come to my blog.  So if you want to participate, go here for Beth's directions and go here to post your scripture for week 2.  I think it's going to be pretty neat to have this much more scripture hidden in my heart.

5 comments:

  1. I'm participating too and am memorizing the first chapter of James. (minus verse 1 which is a greeting)

    Here is mine for Jan 15-

    James 1:4-"And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

    Good luck with your verses....I did this two years ago with Living Proof and it was a real blessing! My girls are also participating this time around which is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! I love both of those verses... I love seeing everyone's picks because I see a verse I never really noticed before & then I can keep it for a future memory for myself... I really like both of these!!!!

    I love that visual of no one being able to snatch us out of His hands... THANK YOU LORD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Didn't know that was on her blog. I'll have to check it out. I've been carrying around a paper with a few verses jotted down. I'm trying to memorize them, so I can quit pulling the paper out of pocket to read them.

    Good verses you chose!
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing SSMT also this year and loving it! I especially love your first verse "No one can snatch anyone out of my hand"...PRAISE GOD!! So glad to see you posting your verses too and sharing encouragement and blessings with all of us.

    I just posted verse #2 on my blog also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also am participating. I am posting mine at the bottom. I think it is a great way to get His word in our heart!
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy