If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

It's a Mouse...but it sure isn't Mickey!

This morning I was standing in front of my closet with the door open and all of the sudden, my dog went running into the closet like she had just seen something. Sure enough, I heard something rattling and a few minutes later out ran a little mouse. It was so funny, because the dog didn't know what to do and neither did the mouse.

I knew what to do though. I jumped up on the bed and yelled for my husband! lol

The mouse ran back in the closet and hubby made the dog leave the room. Then he got a mouse trap and about 10 minutes later, we had a dead mouse! Hope it didn't have any family members in the closet. Just in case, we have another trap set.  Guess this is what we get for having a farm field right behind our house! 

These are the only kind of mice I like!

8 comments:

  1. ugh! we used to get mice in our house when we lived in IN because we had a field behind us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with ya. I remember seeing one here and I did the same thing. Jumped up on the bed and yelled for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are surrounded by cow fields here. Those tiny little creatures are common place here. Our cats don't "catch" them, they "play" with them. Then Skippy gets them and takes them outside into the woods and lets them go!

    I so have a mental picture of you standing on your bed yelling for your hubby! :> )

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. ewwwwwwwwwwww

    Although I'm surprised that we haven't had a mouse in the house ... we're in a brand new subdivision that used to be a field ... with other fields right next door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're surrounded by woods so creatures come with the territory. Haven't seen any mice in the house but one made a nest in our grill last year which was ewww! I hope he didn't have a family in your closet either : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live in the country so we get them in the winter time living in the garage and in the spring when we open the storage shed and take out the furniture they run out. We set traps as well but better they run out of the rooms then die in the wall!! What a smell!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you didn't name it Mickey and keep it as a pet? Don't blame you. We've only had one in the almost 15 years we've lived in our house (surprising since we live in the woods), but we did have a bad ant problem last week. Hubby finally took care of that, but it really grossed my son, Jay out. I don't know what he'd do if we had a mouse, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll just never be fond of mice. We cannot cohabitate. I hope that was a lone mouse in your closet. Check your shoes! :-)
    -FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy