Be sure to click the button above to join in the fun of Hodgepodge.
1. The season of Lent begins on March 9th this year...do you participate and if so, in what way?
No, not usually, however our church is corporately (over 500 churches participating so far) doing a 40 day fast starting next week to go up to Easter. So I guess it's a similar thing. I can't wait to see what God is going to do.
2. Traditionally pancakes are eaten on the day known as Shrove Tuesday which is the last day before Lent (March 8th this year). So....butter and syrup? Blueberry? Chocolate chip? ewww, no thanks!! What's your pleasure when it comes to eating pancakes?
With butter and maple syrup. I also love pigs in a blanket (sausages wrapped in pancakes) with butter and maple syrup.
3. Spring is coming. (It is coming, right?) What's your favorite springtime flower and do you suffer from seasonal allergies? Two questions I know, but they're lightweights.
Lilacs from my Miss Kim Lilac Bushes are my favorite spring flower and no I do not suffer from seasonal allergies.
4. "Our opinion of people depends less upon what we see in them than upon what they make us see in ourselves." Author unknown. Agree or Disagree? Why?
Wait a minute, I don't feel like thinking that hard. Can I just go back and talk about spring flowers? How about I just say, it's probably a little bit of both. Sorry, that's about as deep as I can make it today.
5. Since it's "March" and also the season of Mardi Gras....have you ever been in a parade? What's the best parade you've seen?
No, I've never been in a parade. The best parade I've seen is Spectromagic at Disney World. We saw it after dark late one evening the last time we were there and it was just magical. Usually we don't take time to watch the parades, but I'm so glad we did this time. It was beautiful. Here are 3 of the pictures I took from that parade.
6. You would jump up and down and shout for joy right now if someone told you___________?
My daughter got the position of RA for next year at school!
7. How clean is your car on the outside? Inside? Is there junk in your trunk?
It's not clean inside or out right now.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
If you'd be a happy soul,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut--
And not upon the hole!