If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge


Click the above button to join in with Joyce for all the fun.

1. April rolls in at the end of this week and in celebration of that infamous date (April 1st) answer this question-What is something foolish you've done?
One of the most embarrassing, foolish things I did was back when I was 16 and had just gotten my first job at Kings Island Amusement Park.  I was on duty in a small gift shop at the front gate of the park and there was a door off our back room and they had told me that was the restroom.  Well, I needed to go and opened the door and went into a stall and then went about my business. lol  I looked under the stall and saw a man's foot and realized I was in a public men's room.  I was about to die, but I had to leave, so I gathered my courage finally and walked out.  But the door I came in was locked and I had to walk through the whole restroom and out the main door.  You should've seen the looks I got from the men walking in. haha  But then to top it off, when I exited it I was then outside the entrance to the park and I had to walk through the gates to get back in.  Fortunately, I was in uniform and they let me in with no problem.  Obviously that was pretty embarrassing, because 16 was a long, long time ago and it still makes me cringe when I think about it.

2. With April comes Easter and that classic edible treat known as Peeps...so tell me...what's your favorite way to fix/eat chicken? That wasn't what you were expecting, was it? I 'fooled' you. teehee.
I love chicken fixed just about anyway.  But I probably love it best when my hubby makes Paula Deen's fried chicken.  Yummy!


3. What's the best museum you've ever visited? Or your favorite? Or the one you'd most like to visit?
One of my most favorite is Wright Patterson Air Force Museum.  I love almost anything to do with flight and or space.  The Holocaust Museum in Washington was good too.

4. You know what they say about April showers...what's your preference-a shower or a bath?
Shower, for sure.  We were only allowed baths growing up, so as soon as I had my own place with a shower, that's all I use.  We've lived in our current house for 15-16 years and I bet I haven't had 10 baths there in that time.

5. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"...fact or fiction? Why?
Can be true, because when you're apart for a long time, you can forget some of the things that maybe irritate you about a person.  But I'm talking more about a friend or relative in that statement.  As for hubby, fiction.  I'm not sure anything could make me love him more.


6. What's your favorite product made/grown in your home state/province?
Esther Price Chocolates



7. What is going on in the world today that affects you the most?
Probably the things that are being discussed in our state that could affect my job and my retirement.

8. Insert your own random thought here.


9 comments:

  1. Your story was good! And your answer to #5 was the best : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your King's Island story. We visited there many times when our kids were young. It must have been a fun place to work! (Besides the restroom episode.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine how embarrassing the restroom scene must have been.

    I enjoy showers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your answers, especially the bathroom story!
    Paula Deen chicken sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Horrors! This is my personal nightmare. Hope it never happens. But, when it does, I hope I handle it as wll as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think when we're 16 years old, everything we do is magnified by 10,000%. Of course, I share your sentiments and would have been equally mortified. Still, you do have quite a funny story to tell people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I'll bet that fried chicken from Paula Deen is awesome! (Of course, if hubby makes it, it's even better, right?) May have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That whole situation in number one is hysterical. Thanks for sharing it. I would like to see the Holocaust Musuem in DC. Actually we have one here in Los Angeles so I guess I should get my butt over to that one! Have never had an Esther Price Chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your "embarrassing" story! We all have one, don't we! After I've embarrassed myself, I try and think "will this matter is a year" - sometimes it helps ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy