If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge


Click the button to join in the fun.

1. What song reminds you of a specific time in your life and what is it about that song that makes you remember?
I remember the songs my dad used to sing to us in the car.  One in particular was about a girl name Sweet Rosie Lavenchy.  I don't know where he got it and I've never heard from anyone but him.  But it reminds me of being a young girl riding in the family car.  He sang it often enough, that I learned it and then sang it to my girls.  However, I don't think they ever learned it. haha  Here are the words:

"Sweet, Rosie Lavenchy
she was a blacksmith by birth
she got tired of living
and wanted to leave this earth
she wanted to die by inches
but this she found very hard
so she went out in the alley
and laid down and died by the yards." 

Rather morbid, isn't it?  lol 

2. What's something you've given up on?
Ever being a size 6 (except maybe when I get to heaven)

3. What's something you'll never give up on?
Loving my Savior.

4. If you had to cook something from scratch in the next hour what would it be?
Lasagna (at least I would if someone makes sure I have all the ingredients)

5. Have you started Christmas shopping? Decorating? Listening to Christmas music?
My husband put up a small blue tree.  He's always wanted a blue tree and bought one after Christmas last year on sale.  I've bought one Christmas gift (but I won't put it on here as someone may read it that shouldn't).  Yes I've been listening to Christmas music.

6. What do you know about your parent's wedding?
They got married in my grandparent's home.  It was my dad's 22nd birthday and my mom's 17th birthday.  When my dad asked if he could marry my mom, grandpa said I'd rather you marry her with my blessing than without it. My mom made her wedding dress.



7. I can't believe I ___________________.
 can't think of a single thing to say here.  Man am I ever boring!  haha

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm in the mood to read some Christmas books.  I need to finish a book I have for review and then I'll be free to read all the Christmas books I have on my Kindle...yay! 


6 comments:

  1. It seems almost all of our parents had simple weddings. Times have certainly changed. I blame tv : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on #2 and #3. I think I was a size 6 in junior high ... and not since then.

    A blue Christmas tree? I don't know that I've ever seen a blue Christmas tree. You'll have to share a picture of it! ;-)

    I couldn't think of anything for #7 either. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A blue Christmas Tree? Is that a new trend or something? Would love to see a picture of that. Love #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe that when we get to heaven, such things as body size won't really matter at all. Knitting supplies...that's an entirely different matter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we will all be a size 6-10 in heaven. I am banking on that one other wise I agree given up on being a size 6 too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to #3! Have a blessed Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy