Wednesday, November 23, 2011
1. Let's start with something controversial...dressing or stuffing? What's it called at your house and what's included in your recipe...cornbread? oysters? sausage? chestnuts?
We call it dressing and we are having White Castle Dressing this year. My brother makes it and it is delicious. By the way, from the comments I see some of you don't know what White Castle is? It's a hamburger chain restaurant that sells little squad hamburger sliders that are really good. Here's a picture below.
I'm not sure that I do compare myself to anyone, however, my kids say I'm like my sisters.
3. When were you last inside an airport?
Last January when we took my daughter so she could fly back to school after Christmas break. However, I'll be there next month when we pick her up for Christmas break! Yay!
4. What is one side dish that absolutely must be included in a turkey dinner?
Mashed Potatoes of course!
5. What Christmas song do you dread hearing?
I don't really dread hearing any of them, however, "Little Drummer Boy" is probably one of my least favorite of all.
6. If someone approaches you and asks for money do you give it to them? Do you drop money 'in a tin cup' that belongs to a person on the street? Do you have a specific charity you support during the holiday season and/or year round?
It just depends on the situation as to whether we give or not. We did the Shoe Box thing this year and we're going to participate (as a church) in Christmas Gift Baskets and also the City Giving Tree. I also sponsor a child in Ecuador through Compassion.
7. Share a favorite Thanksgiving memory. If you live in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving share a favorite memory associated with food.
I remember one year my cousins and I (we were high school age) took off after dinner and hid in our barn so we didn't have to do dishes. We thought we were so cool. I really think the adults were just glad to get us out of the house, because no one tried to find us.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow with my family. There will be 19-20 of us together.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!