Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Click the button to join us playing Hodgepodge. It's fun!
1. Are you cooking Christmas dinner? How many will be round your table this year? What are we having?
No, I'm not cooking Christmas dinner. I will, however, probably make something to take to both Christmas Dinner at my in-laws on Christmas and something for Christmas Eve at my brother's house. I think my dad is making ham for the Christmas Eve celebration and I know I'm bringing Baked Beans and possibly chocolate chip cookies. Don't know yet about Christmas Day. There should be at least 14 of us Christmas Eve and 10 of us on Christmas Day.
2. What is one must-have Christmas cookie in your house?
Chocolate Chip for me. Hubby would probably say no-bakes or iced sugar cookies. The girls like them all, although they really aren't big cookie eaters.
3. Santa likes a glass of milk with his cookies. Do you? What kind of milk is on tap at your house-skim? almond? soy? full fat (Gasp!)
Kelli, Tracy and I all like milk and Kerri would be more of the almond milk type. She has never liked milk.
4. Time magazine recently named their 'Person of the Year' for 2011. This is the person the editors believe had the greatest impact, for better or worse, in the past year. This year they chose 'The Protester'. Your thoughts? Who would you name Person of the Year for 2011?
Any serviceman or woman who is willing to serve would be "Person of the Year" for me. Why celebrate the protestor...I don't get it.
5. December 21st is National Flashlight Day... when was the last time you needed a flashlight and did you know right where to find one?
I have an app on my iPod Touch and I use it in my room at night quite often. And yes, I usually know right where it is. It's what I use to do my morning devotions, so it sits by my bed.
6. candy canes...yum or yuck?
I can eat them, but they are really not my favorite. Although they make nice breath mints when you break them into pieces.
7. What Christmas carol lyric means the most to you?
From Mary Did You Know...."The child that you delivered will soon deliver you." I love that thought. Not only did He deliver her, but all of us who accept Him as Lord and Savior.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
God bless us everyone!