Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Click the Hodgepodge button to join in and play along.
1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English in 2012-
amazing, baby bump, shared sacrifice, occupy, blowback, man cave, the new normal, pet parent, win the future, trickeration, ginormous, and thank you in advance.
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Go here to read more about how the words are chosen.
Trickeration??? Never heard of this one. I personally don't care for baby bump. It's just personal preference. Why not just say baby or pregnant?
2. Are you easily embarrassed?
3. What is your go-to snack?
4. Have you ever been to Washington D.C.? If not do you have any desire to go? What site/attraction would you most want to see in that city? If you have been, what's your favorite site/attraction?
I went as chaperone on my daughter's 8th grade trip. I love DC and hope to go back again some day. I'd love to tour the White House and Library of Congress and see the Aerospace part of the Smithsonian. My favorite attraction that I've been to is Lincoln's Monument. I love it and just so much want to climb up and sit in his lap. Somehow I think that would be greatly frowned upon.
5. sit ups-planks-lunges-squats...which do you hate the least?
I hate them all equally!! Definitely no favoritism being shown on my part.
6. What's a small act of kindness you were shown that you've never forgotten?
On my wedding day a friend unexpectedly loaned me a beautiful diamond necklace (made from her mother's rings) to wear. I had no idea and it looked perfect with my dress. I'll never forget her kindness.
7. Have you ever been a blood donor?
Yes I have, but not for quite awhile. Although, I did just have a blood test today and it sure seemed like they took a lot. :)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I worked 15 hours on Tuesday...sure does make for a loooong day. But the extra money sure will be nice.