This has been an interesting weekend. We went to lunch on Saturday with my sister and brother-in-law. No place special, but it was just nice to spend some time together.
Then on Sunday morning, Kelli (our oldest daughter) preached the morning sermon. She did a really good job, especially considering she's only preached a few times. I'm so proud of her. I don't know if I've ever told you, but she is pursuing a Biblical Studies major and a communications minor in college. Her plans are to do something in the ministry, wherever and to whatever God calls her. If you would like to listen to her sermon, click here to get to our church website and then you can just click on the link "Sermon 05/20/2012. (If you do go to listen, the first couple minutes is my husband talking and you can barely hear this. Kelli's part is very easy to hear. She has the proper mic. He didn't. lol)
Also my dad and mom were able to come to church too. It was so good to have them back. I really believe my dad is on the road to recovery. There have been a few set-backs along the way, but God is working. Talk about proud Grandparents, they surely are!
Then Sunday after church we went to lunch with Tracy's parents. They wanted to make sure they got to take Kelli out for her favorite pizza before she leaves for the summer. It was so fun to get to be with them.
Continuing on with Counting 1000 Gifts - Click the button below and join in with counting 1000 gifts. It's a great way to be reminded of how great God is and how good he has been to us.
Things I am thankful for:
131. Dad getting better
132. Kelli beginning to preach and following God's lead
133. New flowers to plant in pots for our yard
134. Lunch with different family members both Saturday and Sunday.
135. Watching "Soul Surfer" with Kelli
136. Kerri only having 3 lessons left to turn in and she will be completed with 10th grade.
137. A beautiful weekend weather wise! God was really showing His stuff this weekend around here.
138. My in-laws deciding to go to Disney with us this year!
139. Family members at Disney World right now and sending texts and pictures from time to time so we can share in their fun!