After reading my answers, click the button above and join in on the first official Hodgepodge of Summer 2012.
1. Summer officially rolls in with the Hodgepodge this week, for those of us in the Northern hemisphere anyway. What song says summer 2012 to you?
I don't really have one, unless its any Disney song, since we get to go to Disney world at the end of summer and I've been listening to a lot of Disney music lately.
2. What's your favorite quintessential summer food?
Fresh Tomato and Cheese (American cheese or my favorite Velveeta Cheese) Sandwiches. Watermelon is another one.
3. I've spent a lot of time traipsing up and down the NJ Turnpike in recent weeks. Did you know the rest areas on the turnpike are named after people who lived or worked in NJ? Clara Barton, Walt Whitman, J. Fennimore Cooper, Molly Pitcher, Joyce Kilmer, Thomas Edison, and Gover Clevland just to name a few. Of those I listed, who would you most like to have known and why?
Thomas Edison because he made so many things. Lots of really good quotes attributed to him too. Here's one I like, “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
4. At what age did you move out of your parent's house and what prompted the move?
I was around 26 or so and I moved into an apartment with my sister. My parents had a used furniture store at the time and it was just around the corner from where we moved. We were always going there and getting new furniture. It was so fun!
5. What's more satisfying to you-saving time or saving money?
Probably saving money.
6. Name something you think brings out the good in people.
What else but love of God and love by God.
7. This last question comes to you courtesy of Kathy over at Reflections...will you be taking a vacation or a staycation this summer? If so where will you go? If a staycation is on the calendar have you made any special plans to fill the time?
We'll be taking a vacation and we'll be going to Disney World as I said earlier.
|One of my most favorite signs to see. It means we're almost there.|
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Lily did well with her surgery and got to come home tonight. She had 3 tumors removed and her teeth cleaned too. She's sleeping now. She looks so cute because she can't stay awake. I love this dog and am so thankful she's okay now.