Come on and join with Joyce for some Wednesday Hodgepodge. Read and comment on mine first and then click the button above to play along.
1. What do the words 'freedom' and 'liberty' mean to you? Does your mind go more in the direction of not being persecuted or discriminated against or does it head in the direction of doing what you please?
Probably a little of all that. I think of freedom to worship how I choose and not be persecuted because of that. Although, sometimes I wonder how long this freedom is going to last. I guess my first thoughts go towards the ones who fight to keep that freedom for us.
2. Nathan's sponsors a hot dog eating contest every 4th of July. Last year over 40,000 people attended the event and almost 2 million watched it on TV. The winner ate over 60 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes. How do you like your hot dogs?
|I love them as coneys with cheese, chili and mustard|
|I also like them with ketchup, mustard and relish|
3. If you were going to enter an eating contest what would be on the menu?
The first thing that pops into my head is MM's. I have no idea why. :)
4. Do you run your house more as a dictatorship or a democracy?
A little of both.
5. Where was your favorite summer place when you were a kid?
The 3 or 4 years that we had a pool, that was definitely my favorite place.
6. Do you have a guest room? Would you want to stay there?
No, we don't have a guest room, but someday when the girls move on, we'll probably turn one of their rooms into a guest room.
7. Next Wednesday America celebrates her independence. Do you have any special plans for the 4th of July? If you live outside the USA when and how does your country celebrate its own patriotic holiday?
No plans yet. It's going to be a little bit strange because both of our girls will be out of state next week. It'll be our first 4th of July as empty nesters.
8. Insert your own random thought here.