If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

Kerri babysat for Carina Friday night and then again on Saturday morning. She is so adorable but she cried alot. She is not used to taking a bottle so she wouldn't eat. So she was hungry and cried when she wasn't sleeping. Finally she drank her bottle about 20 minutes before her mommy picked her up. Quite the experience for us. haha But isn't she just the cutest little thing (when she's asleep)?



This is the afghan I made for her.  I forgot to take a picture before I gave it to her.  But her mom brought it to our house so I could get a pic.  It was so sweet to hold her Saturday morning while watching a favorite movie and she slept.


Hubby and I went to dinner Saturday night at Logan's Steakhouse while Kerri was out on her date.  Hubby and I are starting to experience some times of empty nest.  Have to say I'm kinda enjoying it.

Sunday night before church we saw some hot air balloons.  This one flew right over my head and they were low enough I could actually hear them talking.  As you can see, you can even see up inside the balloons.  There were 3 or 4 more in the area too, but I had to go in for church and couldn't wait on them to fly over.  So I just took some pictures of them at a distance.






I was a wonderful weekend and guess what, it's not over yet because today is Columbus Day and I'm off today too!  Yay!!!


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like Kerri had a big job with Carina ... but it would have been worth it seeing how adorable she is. ;-)

    I love seeing hot air balloons flying over. We used to have a lot fly over here, but we haven't had any lately ... and we've certainly never had them low enough that we could hear the passengers talking. What an experience that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see a knitted item put to good use :)

    I've heard that being up in the hot air balloon, its so quiet & they can hear you down below very well

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a big hot air balloon fest not too far from here every September. It seems like it is always rainy so we've never been but its on my list of things to see. I think they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing hot air ballons but we don't get much here where we live now. Love the blanket you made for the baby and yes, being an empty nester is not all bad!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy