Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Wednesday Hodgepodge Thanksgiving
1. Turkey-love it or leave it? White meat or dark? What's your favorite thing to make using leftover turkey?
Love the white meat. Left-overs....turkey sandwiches with mayo is what I like. Turkey Salad isn't bad either.
2. Gotta burn off all those carbs the day after a holiday feast so which would you rather do-run a 10K or climb a mountain?
Neither....but I'd be willing to walk a 10K, but no running. Or I'd be willing to look at a mountain, but no climbing. :)
3. Do you feel like social networking has made your relationships better or worse? Explain.
Better because I have a tendency to stay a little closer and more involved in day to day life with those I social network with. Especially those who live a distance away.
4. How do you find and express gratitude for the hard things in your life?
Prayer and more prayer.
5. In the US, the day after Thanksgiving has been dubbed 'Black Friday'. Is most of your holiday shopping done live and in person, or is it done more through the magic of the Internet? How do you feel about stores opening at midnight Thanksgiving night? Will you be out amongst the masses on Friday?
I do not like Black Friday shopping because its just crazy. Our local Walmart is starting there Black Friday sales on Thursday at 8pm and I think that's just plain crazy. Hubby and I usually go out on Black Friday, but not until later in the day when the crowds are down. As far as Christmas shopping, I haven't begun yet, but it will be a mix of online and store shopping.
6. Speaking of the color black-which black item in your wardrobe would you say is your favorite?
My black pants because I can mix them with so many different tops and sweaters.
7. What do you appreciate about your life today?
The fact that I am still alive and healthy and able to enjoy it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm looking forward to the family celebration tomorrow. There's going to be a big crowd (about 27 or so) at my brother's house. So much fun. I will miss my oldest daughter as she won't be home until Dec. 13th, but my youngest is supposed to be there.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!