If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Share your traditions surrounding the Christmas stocking.
Hubby's stocking has Santa on it, mine has a snowman, and both of the girls stockings have a reindeer on them.  We do stockings first on Christmas morning, then gifts.  Hubby is the one that buys most of the stuff for the stockings.  That's our tradition.
Here are the stockings back in 2009
2. How many hours of sleep do you average at night? Is it enough?
Eight is enough.  However, I probably average more like 6 or 7 which is definitely not enough.

3. If you had to give up one thing for the remainder of this year what would it be?
Frustration would be a great thing to give up.  Does that count?

4. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (or Wills and Kate as I like to call them) have announced they're expecting a baby. Do you follow news of the Royals?
I did know that this was announced this week, however, I don't necessarily follow all the news on them.  Usually, just what I happen to catch on Yahoo News.

5. For me, the sound of childhood is__________________.
Laughter and singing.  There was a lot of singing in our home when I was growing up.

6. Fruit cake-yay or boo? What's your favorite dessert made with fruit?
Don't rightly know if I've ever tasted fruit cake.  My mom's Waldorf Salad which is an apple salad that is out of this world, This picture looks about as close as I could find on the internet.  It has apples, celery, nuts, raisins, marachino cherries and a mayonaise based dressing.  Yummy!
Picture from Internet
7. What is one thing you want to accomplish before 2012 comes to an end?
Getting our main bathroom redone.  We need to get the wallpaper trim off and then paint. New towels, shower curtain, bathmat,etc. 

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
While I'm writing this post, hubby and I are watching a Dolly Parton Christmas movie called "Unlikely Angel".  Have you seen it?  It's really corny, but I love Dolly.  
Picture from Internet
Do you like watching cheesy Christmas movies?  Does your spouse watch with you?   I love watching Christmas movies of all kinds and I especially like it when hubby watches with me.

15 comments:

  1. I am a fan of Waldorf Salad but have no idea how to make it. Watching the cheesy Christmas movies--Yeah! but I usually have to watch them by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy a "cheesey" Christmas movie now and then. I like a lot of what Dolly Parton is in, so I'll have to see if I can't add that movie to my list of movies to watch (guess it's too late for this year - maybe next year?).

    I haven't had Waldorf Salad in years. My mom used to make it often.

    When I worked, I never got enough sleep either ... I'd stay up too late trying to get everything done, including a little "me" time ... so when the alarm clock went off in the morning, it was wa too early. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that your husband gets the stocking stuffers - that's cute! :)

    I think most christmas movies are corny! Tis the season :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheesy movies are the best! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I've seen the Dollyy Parton movie and I love Christmas movies. Hubby doesn't watch them with me but will sit next to me and watch something on his IPad with headphones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I was the only one who "coordinated" the stockings. Hubby and I have furry green (like Santa hats) ones, our son and his wife have furry red ones, our daughter (and whatever boyfriend...or someday husband) have furry blue ones. I give our granddaughter something with snowmen on it every year so her stocking has a snowman and our new grandson will be getting one with a reindeer to match his ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Waldorf Salad sounds wonderful but I don't think I've ever tried one.

    I watched Rudolph alone last night and I'll undoubtedly watch It's A Wonderful Life alone too, probably while he's working. He is not at all a Rudolph fan and I have loved the wonderful story out embracing uniqueness every Christmas as long as I can remember! He's also not a fan of black and white movies and as far as I' concerned colorizing classic films is an insult to the filmmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Waldorf Salad, though I haven't had it for many years. Maybe I'll whip some up for Christmas! No, I can't get Chris to watch sappy movies of any kind with me...unless they're about James Bond or Clint Eastwood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Waldorf salad. The only movie hubby will watch with me is "A Christmas Carol" with Alistair Sims.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think if my husband participated in any part of Christmas then maybe we would do stockings! I said laughter too. I haven't had Waldorf Salad in years but it's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love waldorf salad...don't think I've ever had maraschino cherries in mine, but that sounds good too. Hubs will watch a sappy movie with me. I watch the miltary channel with him. Alls fair in love and marriage : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a big fan of corny movies. Hubby and I don't watch TV together. He has his shows, and I have mine.

    Enjoyed reading all of your answers today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Forgot to thank you for looking up the definition of ratchet! I had to laugh when I read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do enjoy a cheesy Christmas movie. Although I love my funny ones like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation or Christmas With the Kranks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE watching cheesy Christmas movies. When hubby sees that I have one on he says, "good night!" and goes into the bedroom and closes the door. In there he watches some awful terrible horrible horror or sci fi or shoot 'em up movie. So, we are both happy together separately.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy