If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Christmas Break Is Over Now! And One Word 2013 "Thanks"

The month is over and Kelli left today to go back to school. It surprised me because it was a little hard to walk away at the airport. My husband said he felt the same way. Normally, I really have no problem when she leaves because I know she loves school and is doing what she wants. For some reason, it was different this time.

I know she is still doing what she wants, but I don't think she was quite ready to go back either. She said she wished she could have stayed just one more week and we would've loved it to. But, time goes on and we have to also.

Here are a few pictures from her time at home.

Kelli in her banana costume (I have no idea why!)

Kelli and Kerri

Kelli and I at "White Christmas"

Kelli with her new guitar

Kelli and Carina

Doesn't she have the most beautiful hair!

At the airport Monday morning

Having fun at the airport

Kelli and her daddy

It's been a really good Christmas break. Kelli, I hope you have a great semester back at school. Love you bunches.

******************************************
On the 15th of each month, Melanie at "Only A Breath" is sponsoring a Link-Up Party to encourage us to keep on keeping on with our One Word for 2013.  Today is the 15th and though I just original linked up on Sunday, I still want to give thanks for some things.

1. I'm thankful for my husband, the spiritual leader of our home.  I have learned so much from him over the years and I love him with all my heart.

2. I'm thankful for Kelli.  I believe you can tell that by the first part of this post.  She is just so fun and full of life.

3. I'm thankful for Kerri.  She is such a hard worker and has so many things she wants to do.

4. I'm thankful for a good job.

5. I'm thankful for our home.

Thank you Jesus for these wonderful blessings.

10 comments:

  1. She DOES have beautiful hair!!! Hope she has a wonderful semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a great semester for your girl!
    Glad you had such a good visit
    & always love a gal who is so confident in a banana costume! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes her hair is is beautiful. It's always nice to be thankful for the things around us. We are so blessed and being able to concentrate on them can only make us better people right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy...I so understand! When Brittany left to head back to college after being home for a month, I completely lost it. I think you're mind gets tricked into thinking they're back to stay for good, so it hits you hard when they have to leave. Your daughter sure is beautiful...hair and all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the verse you chose for Beth Moore's Scripture team! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs to you! Its so hard to watch them go! Beautiful girls you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember it being harder for me when the kids went back after Christmas than it had been at the beginning of school. Not sure why that is.... just that we always had so much fun being together over the holidays I guess. Praying for a great semester for her (and you!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for stopping by my blog!! It's always so encouraging to have some "encouragement" on my pursuit of peace :) I have tiny little girls, but the thought of my oldest starting 4k in the fall is enough to reduce me to tears, so leaving for college seems like a huge adventure and a definite tear jerker for a mom!! great job on the thankfulness post. What a great word to pick- never can go wrong with that!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ((HUGS)) We have so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy