1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English...here's the list for 2013-
fiscal cliff, kick the can down the road, double down, job creators/creation, passion/passionate, yolo (an acronym for you only live once), spoiler alert, bucket list, trending, superfood, boneless wings, and guru
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen.
To be honest, I haven't heard any of them used overly much to where I've gotten tired of them. So in my opinion they should all stay.
2. When was the last time you rode a train? Where did you go?
In September, we rode a train at Disney World. It's at Animal Kingdom and goes to the the Animal Nursery called Rafiki's Planet. I have a picture of the train, however my pictures have not been loaded back on my computer since it had the virus.
3. Bagels-yay or nay? Favorite 'flavor'? Favorite topping?
Yay, but I rarely ever have one. I really think I've only ever had the plain ones with cream cheese.
4. 'Tis the season of awards shows...if you could star in a movie already made which one would you choose?
"Lake House". I love that movie and I love that house.
Both of these pictures are from the internet
5. The move towards single gender classrooms has been making the news in recent months....what say you? Do you think kids perform better if seperated by gender and are taught differently or is that discrimination? If you're a parent, is this something you'd support in regard to your own children?
I didn't know that was being discussed. I really don't have a problem either way.
6. What's your favorite thing about staying in a hotel?
Someone else cleaning up the room and making the bed.
7. Do you have a 'word' for 2013? What's the story behind your choice?
This is my word for 2013. You may read my 2 previous posts to see why. I thing while I'm here I'll add a few more thanks:
6. a good supper made by my husband
7. the chance to spend time with this little sweetie.
|She loves playing with her mama's phone|
9. A good book I'm currently reading "The Way of Grace" by Cathy Bryant
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Little by little we're getting our house a little more organized. Still have a long way to go though.