Winter is plodding along here on the East Coast. Guess it's a good thing we have the Hodgepodge to keep our brains engaged.
You use your brain for the Hodgepodge, don't you?
We've got quite the party going on here every Wednesday, and I do try my best to get around to everyone who participates. Some weeks I don't quite make it, and some weeks it takes me until the weekend to get there, but I do try my best to eventually make it around to everyone. I also realize most people won't hop to 60 or 70 links, but I want to encourage you to visit at least the two or three who post just before/after you. That way everyone has company and feels welcome.
Hey, the Hodgepodge is nothing if not friendly. See ya back here tomorrow to share answers-
Now let's get on to the Hodgepodge:
1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?
No I am not okay with snakes. They scare me to death. It's been awhile since I've seen one and I'd just as soon not ever seen one again.
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?
No, I don't believe in luck. I believe everything that happens is under the direction or permission of God. However, I do love the color red.
3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently?
Ice Skating and it's probably been about 12-15 years since I did that.
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?
I'm not sure I even know what that means.
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
Probably sometime during our last Bible Study (last fall). We have a couple ladies who bring in cupcakes sometimes and I probably had one.
6. What's something you can't say no to?
Chocolate Chip Cookies
7. Are you a doodler?
Yes, sometimes. But not as much as my mom is.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today is my baby brother's birthday. He is 50 years old! Oh my goodness we are now all at least 50 years old. I cannot believe it! Man we are OLD!! Happy Birthday dear brother!!