Wednesday, February 13, 2013
1. This week marks the beginning of Lent...will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?
We don't really celebrate Lent. However, our church is participating in a church-wide program called Focus 40. We are given certain readings for each day and we are also to pick a form of fasting. It starts next Wednesday. It's pretty awesome to know the whole church (not just our congregation) is studying the same thing and praying towards the same goals.
2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday... tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as 'pancake day'. How do you like your pancakes? Or don't you?
Never heard of Shrove Tuesday. I do like pancakes, but I don't eat them real often. I like them with a little butter and maple syrup.
3. I'm sure there are many, but what's one love song you really love?
I don't know if this is my favorite, but it is a really good one. "If" by Bread.
4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?
5. Roses...red, pink, or do you prefer another color? Can you recall tIs he last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?
I like yellow roses. If I were to pick one of the three you listed, it would probably be red roses, but I'd really prefer a mixed bouquet of cut flowers.
6. President's Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park (FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring? Why?
The White House - just because I've always wanted to go there. I'd love to see Mount Vernon too.
7. Are you good at keeping secrets?
I think so.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Opinions please.....Is 7 months too young to try to break a child from screaming and crying because no one is picking her up. If you know they are not hungry, or wet and they just want to be picked up. Is it okay to try to just let them cry it out? What do you think?