Wednesday, March 6, 2013
1. My real life friends came through with another question this week so thank you real life friends. When you've eaten in a restaurant do you complete their comment card? Do you take online surveys highlighted at the bottom of store receipts?
Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. There really is no rhyme or reason as to why I do or don't.
2. The (US) ban on women in combat was lifted at the end of January. It will probably be next year before specifics are worked out, but its been reported over 200,000 front line positions will eventually open up to women. Your thoughts?
Probably not a popular opinion, but I don't really feel women belong in combat. I really don't wish to argue the point or even defend my position, just my thought.
3. In looking back at all the blog posts you've written, what's your favorite post title?
"It's a Mouse...but it sure isn't Mickey" which you can read here if you want.
4. What's worse-overly permissive parents or overly protective parents? Did your own parents lean more to the permissive or the protective category? If you're a parent where do you fall?
I think overly-permissive is probably worse. I was probably over-protective, at least in some peoples' minds. But I probably wouldn't change much if I had to do it over. I tried to raise them the same way I was raised.
5. Candlelight-moonlight-firelight-bright lights in the big city...which one's your favorite?
6. Dr. Seuss's birthday was celebrated on Saturday. What's a favorite book you remember (Seuss or otherwise) from your own childhood? Did books play an important role in your growing up years? Explain.
Oh yes. My mom used to take us to the library all the time and we loved checking out books and reading. I think all five of us kids loved to read.
7. To quote Dr. Seuss...
"From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere."
from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
Share something funny you've recently read, seen or heard.
Can't think of a thing right now. But tonight I cut my finger just before leaving for Bible Study, so I slapped a napkin on it to stop the flow and grabbed a bandaid and went out to the car. Hubby opened the bandaid for me as I was driving and low and behold I had grabbed a Dr. Seuss bandaid. Now remember my girls are 18 and 21. How in the world do we have a Dr. Seuss bandaid in our house. Weird!
The bandaid was bright green and had these characters on it I think.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's 11:30pm and it started snowing about 8:30 or so and we already have probably almost 3 inches. Yuck! It's pretty tonight, but I know we have to go to work in it in the morning. Yuck!!