Click the Hodgepodge button above to play along. If you're looking for my A to Z Challenge, check the post below.
1. Share one fun thing you did last week, while the Hodgepodge was on 'spring break'.
Hubby and I went to the Newport Levee and walked the Purple People Bridge across the Ohio River and back.
2. April 10th is National Sibling Day...do you have siblings, and if so are you close? Share a favorite story featuring one or all of your siblings. If you don't have siblings, did you ever wish you did?
Yes I have siblings, 2 brothers and 2 sisters and yes we're close. My mom and dad have open house every Saturday night and any of us that are free, go and visit together. I love that we all live relatively close together and can be together pretty often. It's pretty fun when we're all there because we always end up talking about old times. Lots of laughing and the tales get bigger and better everytime their told. These are the people I know I can count on if I'm ever in trouble.
|That's me in the striped shirt in the middle.|
3. Is it important to you to 'buy American'? Why or why not? How much of an effort do you make to 'buy American'? If you're not American, insert your own country in the blank.
I think it's a good thing to buy American, but I have to be honest, I don't work real hard at it.
4. Besides The Bible, what book has impacted your spirituality in some way?
There have been a lot that I've read, but I can really think of just one right now. But a lot of the Christian Fiction I read, encourages me in just every day life. Lori Wick is probably one of my favorite authors and she seems to always work the plan of salvation into her books at least once.
5. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Do you find rainy days calming or depressing? When were you last caught in a rainstorm? What's blooming in your neck of the woods today?
Rainy days are a little depressing I think. Mostly because they are rather dark and I like the bright sunshine more. Nothing at my house, but I know the tulips are blooming around this area.
6. What's your favorite yellow food?
Lemon sandwich cookies.
7. April is National Poetry Month...what's a poem that holds special meaning for you, and why is it special?
I've posted this on my blog before, but I'll post it again. My husband used it in a sermon at just the right time when I needed to hear it. I have it hanging in my office.
“He Maketh No Mistake”
-A. M. Overton
My Father’s way may twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache,
But in my soul I’m glad I know,
He maketh no mistake.
My cherished plan may go astray,
My hopes may fade away,
But still I’ll trust in my Lord to lead,
For He doth know the way.
Tho’ night be dark and it may seem,
That day will never break,
I’ll pin my faith, my all in Him,
He maketh no mistake.
There’s so much now I cannot see,
My eyesight far too dim,
But come what may, I’ll simply trust
And leave it all to Him.
For by and by the mist will lift,
And plain it all He’ll make.
Through all the way, tho’ dark to me,He made not one mistake.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Don't forget to check out my A to Z post below.