Wednesday, July 10, 2013
1. What's something people might ask you for help with?
Watching Carina every once in a while is one thing. Sometimes I'm asked for advise and sometimes just to listen to someone who needs to vent or to speak ideas out loud as they try to make decisions.
2. What's something you might ask someone else for help with?
Listening and letting me vent. Also, asking for help with computer issues and problems.
3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go? If you're a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations with your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child?
When we were little most of our vacations were on Christmas Break and we went to Florida to visit relatives. We did take vacations with our girls in the summer. We went to NC quite a few times. My parents had a vacation home there. We also did Gatlinburg and Disney, of course.
4. Pool-lake-ocean...which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day?
If it's really, really hot, then probably a pool. But I really, want to be by the ocean and enjoy the breezes and the waves.
5. Have you ever justified using the expression, 'you gotta be cruel to be kind'? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing?
Never really heard that saying before. But I do believe sometimes you have to be tough, not necessarily cruel, to be kind.
6. The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods as-liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do you actually hate? Anything you'd add to the list?
Liver, lima beans, okra, brussel sprouts. Yuck!!!
7. What's your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town?
Lake House with Sandra Bullock is a favorite.
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants has beautiful beach scenery when they are in Greece! I so want to go there.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
All this talk about beach houses, etc. How about something like this? I think I could be very happy here.