If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge


Click the Hodgepodge button to playing along with Joyce.

1. What's your worst food memory? How about one of your best?
One of the worst was when I accidentally took a drink of curdled chocolate milk. Can I just say...NASTY!!!  One of the best is the first time I ever had prime rib...on a cruise ship about 30 years ago.  Yummy!

2. Do you appreciate people telling it like it is, or would you rather a speaker temper his/her words and maybe beat around the bush a little? How about when you're the one communicating...which type are you?
Telling it like it is, is good.  However, I'm not real good at doing that.  Depending on who I am talking too.

3. What's your favorite place to hang out?
Our house...I love being home. But as long as I'm with my husband I'm very happy wherever we may be.

4. When do you most feel like you're a slave to time?
Work.  37 years in one place is a really long time. Since I work for a police department I always joke and say I've spent more time behind those walls than most people get for murder.  haha

5. What was the last concert you attended? Who'd you go with? Was it any good?
Probably a Mark Lowry concert.  I went with my husband and yes his concerts are always good.  The first Monday of each month we go to  little restaurant nearby and listen to a favorite group of hours singing and playing bluegrass.  Does that count for a concert?  

6. Reality TV...harmful or harmless? What's your guilty pleasure when it comes to reality TV?
The only one I watch regularly is Survivor!  Love it!  Is Survivor even considered a reality show.  If not, then I really don't watch any.  I have tried to watch Duck Dynasty a couple of times.  And while I appreciate their witness for the Lord, so far I just don't like the show.

7. What's something you think is overrated?
All the vampire and walking dead stuff that is out there.  Enough is enough...in my humble opinion.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I love this little girl.  Isn't she adorable. She sure has grown up a lot in the last 8 months, hasn't she.

This is from a couple weeks ago.

This is what she looked like when she came to live with us 8 months ago.
Have a great day everyone!  Thanks Joyce for another great Hodgepodge.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, work takes a lot of time and it's good that you like your job because that can make or break you at the end of the day. Love that photo of her walking. Is she really walking all ready?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable picture! And I so agree with you about the vampire/zombie stuff. I'm so over it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curdled milk ... ewwwwwwwwwwwww That would definitely be the worst! Yes, work certainly makes one slave to the clock ... I'd have to say that's the very best part of retirement. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy...I have to admit it...I LOVE Duck Dynasty! I can't get enough of Uncle Si, especially! He cracks me up with his dry sense of humor! I think I like them so much because they seem so down to earth, they're strong Christians, and they sound a lot like me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the vampire stuff. I don't get the fascination people have with those programs??? #4-Ha : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree with you on number seven!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with you - over the Zombie thing - blah

    I love being at home too

    Mark Lowry - give me his comedy concerts anytime! I think he's actually going to be at Women of Faith this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really a long time at one place for employment. Hope they have a nice retirement plan for you! I've seen a few seasons of Survivor and it is a good one. Good answer on the overrated. I enjoyed the Twilight series, was more about a love relationship than vampires but all the other shows I just can't stand. Never could. She is definitely adorable and brightens your world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love being home too - but not with cuddled chocolate milk!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy