Wednesday, November 27, 2013
1. Are you settling for something?
Nothing comes to mind right now.
2. It wasn't that long ago almost every store in the US locked doors and turned out lights on Thanksgiving Day. This year many will be open all day Thursday, giving shoppers a jump start on 'Black Friday'. In your opinion is this a good thing or a not so good thing? Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving Day?
Seeing as how I've worked for our local police department for the past 37 years and have worked many, many holidays, it doesn't seem that big a deal to me. Lots of people have to work the holidays (medical, law enforcement, fire, etc.) It's just a fact of life. That being said, I don't plan to shop, but we are planning to have Thanksgiving lunch in a restaurant.
3. Speaking of shopping... I saw a recent article on the twelve best shopping cities in the world. In order they are-
New York, Tokyo, London, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Dubai, Madrid, Milan, and Seoul.
Ever shopped in any of the cities listed? In which city would you most like to pull out the plastic or cold hard cash?
No, I have never shopped in any of these cities. I'd most like to shop in New York City, I think.
4. When did you last dine by candlelight?
Can't really remember.
5. What do you have too much of?
Craft supplies - specifically scrapbooking supplies.
6. The Hunger Games...are you a fan? Did you read the book(s)? Will you/have you seen the movie? Will you/have you seen Catching Fire? No spoilers please!
Yes, I am a fan. Yes, I read the books. I did see The Hunger Games. I have not seen Catching Fire yet, but I can hardly wait.
7. Share your plans for Thanksgiving Day. The who, the where, the what...especially the what! As in what's for dinner? If you're one of my International visitors, whose homeland doesn't celebrate American Thanksgiving (the whole world doesn't ya know!), then still tell us your plans for Thursday.
Due to illness in our family, things are a little different this year. Our plans are to meet our youngest and her boyfriend and my sister and her husband at Cracker Barrel. Then at some point we'll go to mom and dad's and visit with them and my brother.
8. Insert your own random thought here.