1. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse or just general uselessness (go here to read more about how the words were chosen). Here are the words/phrases they'd like to see banished in 2014-
selfie, twerk/twerking, hashtag, Twittersphere, Mr. Mom, T-bone, ____on steroids, the suffixes-ageddon, and -pocalypse added to anything and everything, from the world of politics the words-intellectually/morally bankrupt and Obamacare, and from the world of sports the words-adversity and fan base
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
Twerk/twerking. Hate the word and the action. Wish neither had ever been done and I wish I could get the video of Miley doing it out of it out of my mind.
2. What one unfinished project nags at you begging to be completed in this new year?
Painting the bathroom
3. When did you last have a bowl of soup? What kind? Homemade or from a can? What's your favorite soup?
Saturday I had Zuppa Tuscana from Olive Garden...Awesome!! Currently that is probably my favorite. But I also love potato soup (my homemade) and Clam Chowder (Progresso). I think I'll be having that Wednesday for lunch.
4. Snowed in, snowed under, snow job...which one most applies to your life in recent days, figuratively speaking.
Snowed in...but really it's not so much snow, but freezing temps.
5. What's the funniest movie you've ever seen, or at least one of the funniest?
"RV" with Robin Williams is pretty funny! Don't know if it's the funniest, but I do pretty much laugh through the whole thing. Another is "Down Periscope" with Kelsey Grammar.
6. In general, would you say you're clumsy?
No, I don't think I'm particularly clumsy.
7. Elvis Presley was born on Hodgepodge Day (January 8th) back in 1935. Are you an Elvis fan? What's your favorite Elvis tune? If that's too hard, which Elvis tune do you dislike the least? Click here for a list of his songs.
Yes, I'm an Elvis fan, but not a fanatic. I don't know about favorite, but "All Shook Up" is a fun one. "Are You Lonesome Tonight" is a good one too.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Have you seen "Saving Mr. Banks" yet? Is it as good as I think it's going to be? I can't wait to see it. If you have, tell me why I should or should not go to see it this weekend, please.
I leave you with a picture of Lucy that Kelli took with her new camera.
|That's Lucy's basket of toys. Think she might be spoiled much! haha|