If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

Not a lot going on this weekend, but it was a good one.

Friday evening we came home from work, fixed supper and just relaxed.

Saturday we got up and went to Newport Aquarium. We got an annual pass this year for Christmas and this was the first time the weather's been decent enough to go. We had a good time.

Mighty Mike

Skin Diver

Jelly Fish

Jelly Fish

More Jelly Fish and people on the other side of the tank. :)



Saturday evening hubby and I stayed home and  relaxed.  Also, I cut his hair and trimmed his beard.  Here are a couple of cute pictures of Ms. Lucy in her favorite place on the couch. 

Totally sacked out!
Sunday we went to church and then out to lunch with the in-laws.  Had some really good pizza at Marion's Piazza.

Hubby started a new sermon series last week on Forgiveness.  Here are a couple of statements from the first 2 sermons that have really stuck with me:

1. "Everyone thinks forgiveness is a great idea...until we have something to forgive."

2. "We will forgive to the extent we appreciate how much we have been forgiven."

3. "Having a resentment is like drinking poison and praying for the other guy to die."
 
I just keep thinking about this forgiveness thing.  It's not easy, but we must do it.  Matthew 6: 14-15 says: "For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."  I don't know about you, but I think this forgiveness thing is very important and something I need to work on in my life.

I didn't go to work today as I wasn't feeling very well this morning.  I lay in bed and finished reading the book I've been reading.  It's called "Angels Watching Over Me" by Michael Phillips.  I got it free on Amazon for Kindle.  It takes place during the Civil War.  If you get a chance, you should give it a read.  Very good.

Well, that's all for my weekend.  Hope you had a good one and that your week is even better.


8 comments:

  1. We were out and about this weekend too. I'm glad because we're snowed in today. They were calling for 3 -5 inches, but we're well over that now and it's still coming down. Gotta grab the non-snowy days and take advantage of them when we can, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good free book on Kindle...
    Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first statement on forgiveness. So true unfortunately and something I must work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The aquarium looks like a fun time. Lucy looks comfy and cozy in her favorite spot. Interesting statements on forgiveness. I don't have a kindle but I've put a few free books on my phone for a day when I'm stuck somewhere and need something to do! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the jellies!! I let resentment control my life for a few years. Learning to forgive was one of the best feelings ever!!! Could that Lucy be any cuter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a nice weekend. The aquarium looks very nice. Your second quote from your husband's sermon strikes a chord with me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful weekend to me! I was particularly struck by your hubby's 3rd point. I guess the snow we're going to get today will move you way tomorrow ... stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always like a good book review, will have to try to find it. Thanks. Miss Lucy looks so cute and sleeping so well on the couch. I guess she is doing OK with you all out of the house during the day. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy