1. April showers bring May flowers, or so the saying goes. When did you last 'shower' attention on someone or have attention 'showered' on you? Did you love it, or did all that attention make you squirm?
I guess the last attention showering I participated in was last week when a fellow employee retired after almost 35 years of service. He really didn't want anything done, so we just had a little luncheon here at work and made a power point presentation of his years of work here. I think he enjoyed it.
2. Share a favorite 'spring break' memory. Not talking about just the 'college spring break' thing, but any favorite spring break memory you'd like to share. Keep it family friendly please!
With hubby being a pastor, we never were able to do to much on Spring Break. He always had to be here for Easter services, etc. Our family times were always at other times, not spring break.
3. It's National Pecan Month...are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite dish that calls for pecans?
I like pecans, but they are not my favorite nut. However, my favorite dish with pecans is the chopped salad at Outback or Chocolate Turtles.
|photo from internet|
4. 'Put all your eggs in one basket', 'egg on your face', 'rotten egg', 'walk on eggshells', or 'a good egg'...which egg-spression could most recently be applied to your own life?
I've experienced all of these at one time or another, but I can't think of anything lately that would really apply to any of them.
5. In my experience I have the best husband in the world. He is so patient and loving. Who else could put up with all my silliness. He's is always encouraging me to try new things and supports me in every endeavor. He has more faith in me than I do in myself.
6. What's a favorite song with the word rain in its title or lyrics?
"Rainy Days and Mondays" by the Carpenters has always been a favorite.
7. What does the word hope mean to you?
Hope is what keeps you going no matter what is going on in your life. Without hope, it is almost impossible to keep getting up to face another day. I believe everyone needs some kind of hope. My greatest source of hope is Jesus Christ. I know that He will be with me no matter what and that gives me the courage to keep on keeping on.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've really been enjoying the A to Z Challenge. I've been learning so much from the posts I've been reading. Joyce has been teaching us about marriage and Mary has been telling us about the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. And there are so many more that I'm reading and enjoying. If you are looking for my "H" post for today, it is right below this post.