If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Throwback Thursday

I've been noticing some Throwback Thursday Posts today, so I thought I'd add one.

How about some pictures from my early years of Police Dispatching for the department I still work for. The ones with the orange curtains behind me would be in the late 70's when I was in my early 20's. The other 2 would be probably sometime in the mid to late 80's. I can't tell for sure, but I'd guess that cake would be for 30th birthday. Did you notice in the bottom picture with the orange curtains (even some of the walls were that color) there's a manual typewriter? Yep, I am that old. It took a a couple years to talk them into an electric one. Now of course, everything is computerized.



5 comments:

  1. These are great!!!
    My living room growing up was that orange color... all the way into my teenage years. May even stayed that color till I got married :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that horrid orange we all had in our homes somewhere. I think I had the same hairstyle in one of your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think those orange curtains look so bad. I remember the manual typewriters too, but had electric ones by the time I started working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I had one of those same curly hair do's...we were right in the height of fashion huh? And electronic typewriters seemed such a step up. I worked for a couple of years as a secretary. Literally used shorthand and an electronic typewriter. What I wouldn't have given for a computer back then to correct mistakes, check spelling, change things...can you imagine? haha. Enjoy your week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome. I love Throwback Thursday's, we do that on Facebook each week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy