Wednesday, June 4, 2014
1. I've read several posts and status updates recently describing end of year school field trips. Do you remember taking school field trips as a kid? Where did you go and do you recall a favorite? For any parents responding today, have you ever chaperoned a school field trip, and if so where?
As a child I remember going to the Cincinnati Zoo and also Wright Patterson Air Force Base. I loved them both and still do to this day. I also remember going to both of those same places with my girls as a chaperone.
2. What's something you're tired of seeing online?
Commercial ads for things I have looked up when considering to buy something.
3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you say has most recently applied to your life-'everything's coming up roses', 'there's no rose without a thorn', 'came out smelling like a rose', or 'wearing rose-colored glasses'?
Usually, I'd say wearing rose-colored glasses. Because I always look for that silver lining and if I find something, then I just hang onto that as hard as I can. But currently I'd have to say there's no rose without a thorn. Life for my family is pretty difficult right now and at the moment I'm having trouble finding a silver lining.
4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill?
I prefer gas and hubby does most of the grilling, but I will from time to time. The last thing I had on the grill was a hamburger tonight and it was delicious.
5. Are you afraid of the dark?
Depends where the dark is. In the safety of my home, no. Out in the dark night somewhere I'm unfamiliar with, yes.
6. Share a favorite song with a number in it's title.
How about this one.
7. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."(C.G. Jung). Do you agree? Why or why not?
I agree because usually what really irritates you in others is something you probably do yourself to some extent.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've just started Beth Moore's new study, "Children of the Day". That's the summer Bible study on her website. Click here if you'd like to join in with her.