Wednesday, June 18, 2014
1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time?
2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word.
Forever. But I really need two words. Together Forever!
3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day.
Yes it feels like summer here. A perfect summer day to me is about 80-85 degrees (no mugginess), bright blue skies with big fluffy white clouds, a spot of shade, a comfy lounge chair, a good book and my hubby to talk with. A nice picnic lunch and a stream nearby just adds to the perfect picture to me.
4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?
I think its fine to be lazy sometimes. In fact, I think it can be good for you. We all need downtime. As for my summer being lazy. I wish, but since I work full-time, that doesn't get to happen much. But I hope to have some pretty lazy evenings and also a few Saturdays that are laid back. Time will tell. :)
5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?
Maybe Bill Cosby. Because he was always wise, but he always presented that wisdom with a sense of humor. In the wise category, yes he is.
6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.
Some of my favorite picnic memories are when we would have a big family reunion picnic. I love being with my extended families and catching up on everyone's life. It's been a long time since we've had one though.
7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as- Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?
I think Marco Island, FL. I just don't have much desire to leave our country right now. There is just so much here that I've never seen or done. I hope someday to have been in all 50 of our states, or at least all 48 of the continental US.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I finally got it hung. I love it. It had some real color and brightness to my office. As you can see, I have plain, white, block walls and they really need some color.