If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's been a good weekend.  I've got many pictures.  Hope you enjoy.

*Friday night:  After work, Tracy, Kelli and I went to dinner at City Barbecue and it was delicious.  Later Kelli and I went and saw the movie, "The Fault in Our Stars."  Very good movie.  I don't want to give anything away, but all I can say is I cried...for awhile...bring some tissues.

*Saturday:  Tracy and I wanted to do something different on Saturday and I think we found just the thing.  We decided to go to Greenville, OH, which is probably a little over an hour away from us.  There is a restaurant (read this hole-in-the-wall) that has become very popular.  It's called the Maid-Rite Sandwich Shoppe.  They have loose meat sandwiches which turned out to be awesome.  They are basically beef that is not in patties.  But the other thing they are famous for is that everyone puts their chewing gum on the outside of the building.  I'm telling you it's covered.  I'll let the pictures tell the rest.

Here's one of the walls with the gum

Had to give you a close-up

Here's one of the cheese burgers.  The meat has a bit of a sweet taste and then with the mustard and dill pickle it's really good

Here's the front entrance and as you can see more gum

And of course, I had to follow the tradition.  I tried very hard not to touch anything but my gum.  haha
More Saturday:  After that hubby and I decided to drive some back roads and head back east towards Young's Dairy Farm, which has the best ice cream!  Again, I'll let the pictures tell the story here.

We laughed when we saw this street sign.  Had to take a bit of a drive because I could see a church down the road and wondered if it was called Hogpath.  But alas, it wasn't.  It was Hickory Grove or something like that.

There were beautiful corn fields all over

We stopped and took a look around Bear's Mill.  It is a still running mill.  Very interesting!  Loved this truck.

You just never know what you'll find on the back roads of Ohio

Here's the dam that controls the water for the mill
Finally at Young's Dairy Farm
Here's what I got.  Double Oreo Sundae.  It was way too much.  Couldn't even finish it.  But what I ate was delicious!

Now this is closer to home.  Hubby grabbed a picture as we were going by.  How would you like this as as a lawn ornament in your front yard?
 *Saturday night after we got home and Kelli got off work, she and I ran and got our hair cut.  Here I am with a shorter hair cut.  Thinking of letting it grow again, but I had to get the layers cut out first.  We'll see how it goes.  :)

 *Sunday:  We had church and went to lunch with my husband's parents at our local Mexican restaurant.  Great food and conversation.

Well, that was our weekend.  How was yours?


8 comments:

  1. Good morning! Enjoyed seeing all the pictures of your week-end! haha on that gum! How my grandkids would love that. I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing cornfields. Guess us city gals always get a kick out of country living. We will travel to my daughters again in late Sept for my grandson's third birthday and it is right at harvest time. I LOVE seeing this process with their corn. Soo neat. Love your hair cut, and it is similar to mine! Mine is a little longer on the sides and I keep the back short. So quick and easy to style and that's what I like most, lol. I have gone SUPER blonde to as it hides my roots. I so enjoy being able to put a face with the blogger! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always am afraid to cut my hair because I always heard its hard to grow back out once you do it... it looks cute though :)
    You said Greenville & I smiled... only not Indiana :(
    Love the gum wall. Glad you participated in the tradition :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend. I've heard about MaidRite before so good to see it in sort of person. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gum wall is just disgusting! But, when in Rome...!!!!
    The ice cream looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Backroads are always the BEST, just never know what treasures are around the corner. But, the gum on the wall, I can't even go there. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it sounds like a very fun weekend! I love going to those back road stops - there is always something interesting. I love the look of that Bear's Mill. How funny about the gum! I wonder if they have to scrape it off periodically? I'd hate to have that job. Fun to hear about your weekend and glad you have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend! I love your heart (and your glasses)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got to see the movies. I thought it was very good too! I can't believe the gum on the wall. That is definitely different! Looks like you had a nice time and I love the haircut.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy