If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. As August draws to a close, share what's been your favorite weekend of the entire summer?
It would be the weekends that hubby and I traveled along the Ohio River both east and west of Cincinnati.  Just relaxing and stopping where and when we wanted. Saw some beautiful things and we totally just enjoyed being together.

2. Labor Day is marked in the US of A on Monday, September 1st. What paying job have you held that you've loved the most? Liked the least?
Since I've held the job I currently have for almost 38 years (anniversary date is in September), there really isn't anything else much for me to compare it to.  I did have part time jobs while in school and until I got this job a year later.  So I guess it would be my current job.  Some days I like it the least and sometimes the most.  :)

3. Does the new school year start before or after Labor Day where you live? When do you think it should begin? There is much discussion now about older students having later start times to their school day...your thoughts?
School has already started here.  Since my kids are out of school, it doesn't much matter to me.

4. What's something you've worked at recently that could be deemed a 'labor of love'?
Taking care of my mother as she is recovering from open heart surgery.

5.Which of the following work idioms can you most relate to right now...'A woman's work is never done.', 'All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.' 'Many hands make light work.'
"A woman's work is never done."  

6. Crab or lobster or thanks, but no thanks? Favorite way to have your choice prepared?
Crab legs...Yummy!

7. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying, 'Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.' Which of the three do you consider to be the most important? Share one of your own 'rules of work'.
"In the middle of difficuilty lies opportunity."  I'm finding that in this difficult time of helping to care for my parents, that there is great opportunity to show God's love and hopefully witness to others how God sustains us, even when we're worn out.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Lord willing, hubby and I will be in Myrtle Beach in 68 days!  That too, is helping me get through this tough time.

I hope to be seeing sights like this.


8 comments:

  1. Hope your mama is doing better Cathy. I know she is fortunate to have family to help with her recovery and care. Hugs to you today xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your mom. And that the thought of seeing the ocean will get you through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes caring for mom is a definite labor of love...praying she is back to her old self soon! Awesome vacation spot awaits you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that your mom continues to improve, Cathy. You will have such a wonderful time in Myrtle Beach...who wouldn't? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I did a weekend like the ones you and your hubby did to celebrate my 50th birthday earlier this month. The whole no plan thing is the best, isn't it? No pressure to be anywhere or do anything specific and the freedom to stop anywhere that catches your eye.... So relaxing and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taking care of your mother is definitely a labor of love and I know she is very thankful for you! How exciting about your trip and enjoy the countdown......

    ReplyDelete
  7. 38 years at the same job! That's awesome :)
    I hope your mom is doing better. She's blessed to have you to help take care of her during her recovery.
    I'd be counting down those days until Myrtle Beach, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me know if y'all get down to Charleston while you're at Myrtle! I found out that I am not a caregiver. I just can't do it. I know your mother appreciates you being able to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy