Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Thank you Joyce for providing us with these questions every week. Click the button if you'd like to play along with us. There are some very wonderful people who like to Hodgepodge every Wednesday.
1. On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way?
I have nothing planned.
2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phonebook? Refer to a paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone?
I still listen to a radio in my car and we also use a radio as an alarm to wake up too. Once in a while we watch a videotape, but evidently hubby has it unhooked right now. I don't use a phone book, in fact as soon as we a get a new one, I throw it away. We still have an atlas that we use, but not very often. Yes, we use an alarm clock most every morning.
3. Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know?
Now see, when you say ever...that's a really long time. So, I'd have to say, it may be sometimes ok, but most times probably not.
4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month?
Chili - but October is probably more when I start craving it. No we haven't made it yet, but I'm sure it will be coming soon.
5. What's something you know nothing about?
If I know nothing about it, how would I know what the something is?
6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece?
Clair de Lune by Claude DeBussy and Pachelbel's Canon in D Major are two of my favorites. I found these videos on YouTube if you'd like to take a listen.
7. What's the oldest thing you own?
I'm not sure. I have some old furniture and a few antique dishes, but I'm really not sure how old they are. I also have a teapot that was my grandmother's, but again I don't know how old it is, but I'd say at least 60-70 years.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Mom was admitted back into the hospital again yesterday. They are trying to get some of her medication regulated. Continued prayers would be appreciated.