Wednesday, September 24, 2014
It's time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge again. Thanks Joyce!
1. It's fall. Y'all. My favorite season of the year! What's something you love to do this time of year that makes you feel it's officially fall? And unrelated to that, do you ever say-'y'all'?
Eat chili made by my hubby and wear a hooded sweatshirt. And yes, I use the word Y'all. I love to use it and I love to hear it used. See, I think I'm really a southern girl at heart.
2. When did you last have a falling out with someone? Has it been resolved?
Won't share here, but I think all is resolved.
3. A song you love with the word 'fall' in it's title?
"I Fall to Pieces", by Patsy Cline. See I told you I'm a southern girl at heart, or maybe I'm just a hillbilly. lol
4. What's something you've recently let 'fall by the wayside?'
My blog. Just too much going on in life right now to keep up all the time. I try to read some most days, but if it weren't for the Hodgepodge, I'm afraid, there wouldn't be much activity here.
5. When did you last attend an event, read a book, watch a movie, try a new recipe, or visit a shop-town-tourist attraction that fell short of your expectations? In what way?
Kelli and I went to see Disney's Planes 2 while it was out in the theater this summer. I have to say, I was a little disappointed in it. It wasn't horrible, but it was not near as good as the first Planes or the 2 Cars movies.
6. Describe a time you said or thought, 'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."
That could be said about our oldest daughter, even though she's adopted. She is so much like her daddy, it's almost scary. I love it!
7. Was today better than yesterday? Why or why not?
So far, I would say yes. Although neither day was too bad. Actually they have both been pretty good.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We found out when mom was in the hospital this last time, that she has colon cancer. We go tomorrow (Wednesday, as I'm answering these on Tuesday afternoon) to see an oncologist. Continued prayers would be appreciated.