Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Click the button to the left to play along.
1. What's something you take for granted, that when you stop and think about it you feel truly grateful for?
My family. I have a tendency to take for granted my hubby (See yesterdays tribute to my husband) and also my brothers and sisters. I truly appreciate each one of them and all they have done and are doing to take care of our parents. I'm so thankful to have each of them.
2. The color brown-love it or no? What's your favorite shade of brown? Most loved something in your home or closet in a shade of brown?
I like brown, although I really don't have very much brown in my house or closet. My favorite shade is chocolate. Maybe it's not the color I like but the taste. lol
3. What's something you're looking forward to today?
Kelli coming home for Christmas and getting to have Christmas with both our girls.
4. The word 'feminism' is not new, but it has been generating all kinds of headlines in recent days and months. What do you think/feel when you hear the word? If you're a woman, do you want to be described as a feminist? Why or why not?
I would not describe myself as a feminist. See, I really don't think I want to be treated as an equal. I like having someone open the door for me and treat me with an extra respect, just because I'm a woman. Probably not a popular answer, but it's the way I feel.
5. What's something you personally can't eat without making a mess?
Spaghetti, I always manage to get a spot of sauce on my top.
6. When did you last surprise someone with a little gift or when were you last surprised by someone with a little gift? What was it?
My minds a blank right now. I think it may be time for me to give someone a surprise gift. I'll have to think on this.
7. Share a favorite quote, saying, song lyric or scripture relating to gratitude.
I googled for an answer for this and found the below quote and really like it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I do not like this cold! lol