Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Why don't you click the button on the left and join in with us.
1. What is one new holiday tradition you'd like to establish, or one you've established recently, say in the last year or two?
I can't think of anything I'd like to change. As long as my girls come for Christmas, I'm good with the way things are.
2. It's the second week of December. Have you sipped a cup of eggnog yet this month? Wrapped a gift? Opened a gift? Kissed someone under the mistletoe? Lit a candle? Eaten a Christmas cookie? Seen Santa in person? Watched a Christmas movie or special? Read scripture relating to the birth of Jesus?
No eggnog. Haven't wrapped a gift. Haven't opened a gift. Haven't kissed under the mistletoe. Yes, I have lit several candles. Yes, I've eaten a Christmas cookie (maybe several) No, I haven't seen Santa. Yes, I've watched a bunch of Hallmark Christmas movies and we watched Elf the other night with Kerri and Charlie. Yes, I've either read or heard scripture about His birth this season.
3. Do you think it's better to be an adult or a child at Christmastime? Explain.
I think a child feels the magic more and that's awesome. But as an adult I think I feel the spirit more.
4. It's often said, 'Good things come to those who wait'...agree or disagree? Why?
I agree. After all God is always telling us to wait.
Psalm 27:14 Wait patiently for the lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the lord.
Psalm 62:1 I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him.
Psalm 62:5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.
I figure if God tells us to wait then it must be for a good reason. That being said, that does not mean I like to wait.
5. What's the last sweet thing you baked? Did you keep it, take it to a party/event, or give it away?
Cookies for Thanksgiving
6. This question comes to us courtesy of Jhona who blogs over at The Red House at the End of the Lane. Everyone hop over and say hi to Jhona this week! Here is her question... "I heard an actor talk about how he makes a conscious choice to talk to people in elevators. He chooses to connect, make eye contact, and converse. Do you talk to people/strangers when you're in an elevator or any other place where you might have to wait together? Why or why not?"
Yes, sometimes I do. It depends where we are and how receptive they are.
7. Are you on the naughty or nice list this year? What put you there?
Depends on which day of the week it is. haha Sometimes I'm nice and sometimes not so much.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's fun to be back to the Hodgepodge this week. Thanks Joyce for keeping this going.