Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Welcome to the last Hodgepodge of 2014. Click the button above, if you'd like to join in. It really is a lot of fun!
1. Share a favorite moment from your Christmas holiday celebration.
Spending time with our family at the in-law's. So much fun.
2. What would you say has been the biggest news event during your life so far?
As far as news coverage goes, I'd say 9-11 is one of the biggest news events. As for news events in my life, it would be my marriage and the adoption of our girls.
3. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2015 is Marsala. What say you-like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?
I do like that color (although I've never heard it called that before). I do have some of it in my wardrobe and Lord willing we're buying some new furniture for our livingroom this year and it's possible that color could be involved.
4. Would you rather meet your ancestors or your great grandchildren? Explain why.
I'd like to meet my ancestors because I'd like to see where we came from and how we got to where we are. But that being said, I'd like to meet my great grandchildren because I'd like to see where they're going and how they got there.
5. Share one life lesson learned in 2014?
Remove my expectations off of others. No one should have to live up to my expectations except me. I'm learning to let others be themselves, not what I want them to be. Notice I say learning. I've not gotten there all the way yet, but I am remembering quicker and letting go easier.
6. What was your best or favorite purchase made in 2014?
Our van and my new iPad and iPhone.
7. What is one thing you're looking forward to in the new year?
Better health in my family, my daughter's wedding, and a trip to Gatlinburg in February for our 26th wedding anniversary. I know you said one, Joyce, but I can't just pick one. Sorry.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Happy New Year to everyone of you!!!!!