If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

SSMT

 This year I've really felt God drawing me to do the Beth Moore Siesta Scripture Memory Team thing. I really didn't want to do this because I've started a couple times and never followed through. I think in the past it was more me wanting to do the "in" thing. And besides scripture memory is hard. I know...whine, whine. lol

 But for some reason I feel God is calling me to participate in scripture memorization. It just seemed that I couldn't get away from it. And then when I was thinking about what to memorize, the 139th Psalm came to mind. Guess what! It has 24 verses. The exact number the SSMT memorizes each year. So yeah, I just have to do it. The first verse is "O LORD, you have examined my heart and know everything about me." Isn't that cool!! He knows me and yet He still loves me. That just amazes me.  

Here's to hoping I'll remember this truth along with the other 23 verses. And even more than the memorization that these verses will reveal more of the character of God to me. And that through this effort I'll draw even closer to my Heavenly Father. 

If you would like to participate, you can go to The LPM Blog.

5 comments:

  1. Good morning! When my kids were in school we were fortunate enough to be able to put them in Christian school and they all had a bible verse a week to memorize. I of course drilled them all several times a week to be sure they were ready for Friday's quiz. So needless to say I memorized most of them right along with them. Especially when they were young. It amazes me that I can still repeat most of those verses pretty well. What a wonderful, smart, GOOD thing to do. God's Word hidden in our hearts that we can benefit from whenever. You go girl! You have motivated me to see just how many I can still repeat. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that this is the year that you will do it! God will bless the memorization of His Word and what a blessing you'll get out of contemplating it daily. Great goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are going to get it done together!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a God thing to me! Good luck.
    until next time...nel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love you are doing this... I can't wait to see how each verse speaks to you every month

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy