Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Click the button to join up for the Hodgepodge at Joyce's blog.
1. American Idol is back for a 14th season. Are you watching? Have you ever watched? If you were to audition for the show (or were made to audition), what song would you sing?
No, I'm not watching. At least not yet. Yes, I have watched...the season Scotty McCreery won. Oh my goodness, I have no idea what I'd choose. Maybe a country ballad of some kind. Hopefully uplifting...not a bar song.
2. Mark Twain is quoted as saying, "If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first."
So when did you last have to 'eat a frog'? Or two? How'd that work out?
Typically, I put things off as long as I can, but really it is better to do it right away and get it over with. However, that can backfire. I remember my senior year in Spanish 3 we had to write a story all in Spanish and then share it in front of the class. My friend and I decided to do ours first and get them over with. Well, we did it!! And then the teacher never followed through and not another student had to do it.
3. If you were going on safari, what is the number one animal you'd want to see?
4. January 21st is National Granola Bar Day. I know. Do you like granola bars? Chewy or crunchy? Your favorite flavor? How about regular granola? Let's exhaust this topic in honor of the holiday okay?
Yes, I like some of them. Chewy. One with chocolate in it. Regular granola is okay.
5. If only__________________________________________.
I could lose 50 lbs before my daughter's wedding...realistically I'll be happy with 20 and I think I can do that.
6. You can add one item to your bedroom. What will it be? Keep it family friendly please.
A gas fireplace
7. What is one thing you've enjoyed about winter thus far? If it's not winter in your corner of the globe, what season is it, and what is something you've enjoyed about whatever season it happens to be?
That the temperature has gone up and down enough that I don't feel like I live in the arctic circle. Last year it seemed to stay cold for weeks at a time.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My retirement plan....ssssshhhh don't tell my girls!