If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Share a favorite song, book, or movie title containing the word green?
How about "Green Eggs and Ham" which is one of my favorite Dr. Seuss' books.



2. Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying, 'Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.' Would you agree? Are you a believer in luck?
I do not believe in luck.  

3. Spring water, Hot Springs, handspring, spring fling, spring break, spring fever, offspring...which 'spring' word best applies to something in your day, week, or life right now?
Spring break, only because I would love to take a spring break vacation.

4. What's something you do to make yourself look or feel more confident?
When I am taking better care of my body by walking, eating less, etc; I always feel more confident.

5. It's National Celery Month...are you a fan? If so, what's a snack or dish you enjoy that calls for celery?
I am not a fan at all.

6. What's one thing you wish you'd learned sooner?
To truly believe God when He tells me who I am in Him.

7. Would you like to own a second home? If so where would you want that home to be?
Sure.  Some place I can see the ocean from.  Probably Florida or South Carolina.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
The Gideon Bible Study by Priscilla Shirer is really good.  I would definitely recommend it.

9 comments:

  1. Green Eggs and Ham is a good one. When I taught in the classroom we would cook green eggs and ham for Dr. Seuss' birthday. My kids think green eggs are gross so I don't make that any longer.
    I agree that a house where you can see the ocean would be great. I love being near the water and being able to have an oceanview every day has to be amazing!
    Have a great rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true isn't it? I always feel soo much better and more confident when I am eating the way I should and taking care of myself. I too have struggled with truly believing that I am who God tells me I am. His daughter and He LOVES me no matter what. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "Green Eggs and Ham"...read it to my girls frequently when they were little. I could go for a home in SC...Charleston, perhaps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very few HP participants today are fans of celery : ) I found a copy of Green Eggs and Ham in French and put it in my oldest daughter's stocking this year. She speaks French, but is a little rusty. It was fun to hear her read it aloud. Her accent is tres magnifique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very true about feel more confident when we take better care of ourselves. I would love to be able to retire at the beach and in the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a feeling you'd want a house at the beach, like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your answer to #6. I'm still trying to learn that lesson. And I wasn't surprised with your answer to #7. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green Eggs and Ham...love it! That was one of my daughter's favorites growing up! She loved Dr Suess! In fact for graduation I bought her the one about place to go... can't remember the name of it. I would love a house where I could see water...but I love my house in Arkansas too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Eggcelent" green answer, who doesn't like some Dr. Seuss? I'm thinking I'm up for Spring Break too and Florida sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy