Wednesday, July 1, 2015
1. On Saturday July 4th America celebrates her Independence. (If you're not American, feel free to answer in terms of a national holiday in your own country) What is your favorite thing about the day? Your favorite food on the 4th? Do you fly a flag at your house? Fireworks-yay or nay? Any special plans this year?
Right now we have no special plans for the 4th. Our small town does their fireworks on the 3rd and hubby and I have a place we always go to watch them. We do not like getting into the crowd, but this place is pretty special. We'll probably pick up a sandwich from Subway and maybe some chips and open up the back of the van and sit there and talk and watch fireworks. It's what we like to do.
2. What's something you recently got for free?
Probably free books for my Kindle.
3. The Statue of Liberty, The Liberty Bell, The Washington Monument, or Mount Rushmore...how many on the list have you seen? What is your favorite historical American monument, and why?
The only one of these that I have seen is The Washington Monument. I think my favorite monument is Lincoln's Monument. Why? Because I respect the man and what he did and really I don't know why I love it so much. But when I saw it, it was just amazing to me. Such a neat feeling.
4. When it comes to the news are you more ostrich (stick my head in the sand) or hog (they have room to take a whole lot in)? How much attention have you given the recent news reports regarding ISIS and the acts of terror they've perpetrated against those who do not share their beliefs or support their cause?
More Ostrich I guess. I rarely watch the news.
5. We're talking plain ice cream...vanilla, chocolate, or strawberry? Choose one.
6. Share a song you love containing the word 'stars' in the lyrics or title?
The Star Spangled Banner, of course.
7. Describe and/or say goodbye to June with an acrostic.
J-Just glad to be saying goodbye, because
U-Under an umbrella it seemed that we stayed
N-Nice to have known you
E-Even though your brought us too much rain
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This showed up in my TimeHop from 2 years ago. Loved it then and still makes me laugh.