If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge


It's Wednesday and time for the Hodgepodge.  Just click the button on the left to join up with our host.


1.July 15th is National Give Something Away Day. What can you give away? Will you?
Some clothes I've sorted through and no longer want.  And yes, they are ready to go, I just need to take them to a drop-off  donation box. Oh and actually we are giving away something today.  Our old van is being donated to Good Will this morning.  There should be a tow truck there in a little over an hour.

2. Do you have a mantra? Please share with the class if you feel comfortable doing so.
Not really, unless you count, "this too shall pass."

3. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? How many times a week do you shop? Do you make a list or pray for inspiration in the produce aisle?
Hubby and I do it together.  We just tried a new thing our grocery has started.  I posted about it here at the bottom of this post last week. I'm not sure how much grocery shopping we'll be doing now.

4. Is there a TV show you're embarrassed to say you watch? You're going to tell us what it is, right?
Nope, not that I can think of.

5. A recent article listed fifteen words we should eliminate from our (written) vocabulary in order to sound smarter-

that, went, honestly, absolutely, very, really, amazing, always, never, literally, just, maybe, stuff, things, and irregardless

Of the fifteen, which word is your most overused?
Maybe amazing.  However, I love the word (especially in relation to God) and I don't intend to quit using it.

6. So apparently dying your hair gray (in your youth!) is a thing right now. It's called 'The Granny Hair' trend. Your thoughts?
This is a new one to me.  But why shouldn't they do it if they want, they dye their hair every other color in the book!

7. A while back Buzz Feed asked members to share the most beautiful sentence they've read in a piece of literature. A hard thing to narrow down, at least for me, but let's try. What's one of the most beautiful sentences you've ever read in a piece of literature?
Can't think of anything right now.  How about from the Bible "Jesus wept."  It's beautiful to me that he loved and cared so much that He actually wept at someone's sorrow.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
The weather sure has been strange this summer.  We've not had that many hot days, but we sure have had a lot of rain.  I don't want to complain, because I know they need rain in so many places.  So, I'll just leave it as I started it.  The weather sure has been strange this summer.

11 comments:

  1. It has been a strange summer weatherwise. We didn't get any rain yesterday (surprise surprise) but it was HOT! It's going to "cool off" today, if you can count the upper 80s as cool. But it'll be 10 degrees cooler than it was yesterday, so I'm not complaining. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grocery pick-up thing sounds awesome. I wish I still lived near a Kroger, I loved those stores, but I love where I am now too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT?! Not that many hot days???? I'm moving to your area, today! LOL It's true some do dye their hair all sorts of colors. But I do not get the gray fad. Their hair will do that soon enough on its own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "This too shall pass" is a good mantra to remember...
    I'll agree, it has been a summer of strange weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do my grocery shopping online but since my husband has taken on that job for me. The one thing I didn't like was not being able to pick out my own meat or produce. But it definitely is convenient and saves time. I hope it works out well for you. I think it is sweet that you and your husband shop together. I like doing that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had grocery delivery in the UK and I didn't use it often, but I loved it when we were traveling. I would book delivery for the day we returned home or the day after, and that was such a nice thing to have. I always hate coming home and having to run right to the store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our hot air kicks in tomorrow for a long time. Drats. I thought we would get out of the worst of summer. Nope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go on giving away something today!
    "This too shall pass" is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have had a strange summer too and a whole lotta rain. However, just in the past week, it's as though summer remembered it's supposed to be HOT, and hot it is. Whew! This too shall pass is a truth I remind myself of often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought of "amazing" too and I also use it a lot in reference to God, so no plans to stop here, either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm "amazed" that you don't have an embarrassing show! Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy