Wednesday, July 15, 2015
It's Wednesday and time for the Hodgepodge. Just click the button on the left to join up with our host.
1.July 15th is National Give Something Away Day. What can you give away? Will you?
Some clothes I've sorted through and no longer want. And yes, they are ready to go, I just need to take them to a drop-off donation box. Oh and actually we are giving away something today. Our old van is being donated to Good Will this morning. There should be a tow truck there in a little over an hour.
2. Do you have a mantra? Please share with the class if you feel comfortable doing so.
Not really, unless you count, "this too shall pass."
3. Who does the grocery shopping in your house? How many times a week do you shop? Do you make a list or pray for inspiration in the produce aisle?
Hubby and I do it together. We just tried a new thing our grocery has started. I posted about it here at the bottom of this post last week. I'm not sure how much grocery shopping we'll be doing now.
4. Is there a TV show you're embarrassed to say you watch? You're going to tell us what it is, right?
Nope, not that I can think of.
5. A recent article listed fifteen words we should eliminate from our (written) vocabulary in order to sound smarter-
that, went, honestly, absolutely, very, really, amazing, always, never, literally, just, maybe, stuff, things, and irregardless
Of the fifteen, which word is your most overused?
Maybe amazing. However, I love the word (especially in relation to God) and I don't intend to quit using it.
6. So apparently dying your hair gray (in your youth!) is a thing right now. It's called 'The Granny Hair' trend. Your thoughts?
This is a new one to me. But why shouldn't they do it if they want, they dye their hair every other color in the book!
7. A while back Buzz Feed asked members to share the most beautiful sentence they've read in a piece of literature. A hard thing to narrow down, at least for me, but let's try. What's one of the most beautiful sentences you've ever read in a piece of literature?
Can't think of anything right now. How about from the Bible "Jesus wept." It's beautiful to me that he loved and cared so much that He actually wept at someone's sorrow.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The weather sure has been strange this summer. We've not had that many hot days, but we sure have had a lot of rain. I don't want to complain, because I know they need rain in so many places. So, I'll just leave it as I started it. The weather sure has been strange this summer.