Wednesday, August 26, 2015
1. It's hard to believe, but next week's Hodgepodge will find us in the month of September. What's one thing you want, need, or hope to do still before summer officially ends?
I really have nothing special in mind, except to just really enjoy these beautiful days we've been having.
2. When were you last at 'your wit's end'?
Probably when we were going through everything in my parent's house and also my brother's house and preparing them for selling. I think at times all of us were at our wit's end. That's is a lot to do within just a few months of each other.
3. Describe a time you were figuratively thrown into 'the deep end'?
When we adopted our girls. They were just turned 2 and almost 5 years old at the time. Talk about the deep-end. Going from hubby and me and our dog, to us and 2 girls. Definitely the deep end. We were so scared we were going to do the wrong thing. But God blessed and they survived us and have turned into 2 beautiful ladies that we love beyond all measure.
4. Does the end always, ever, or never justify the means? Explain.
I guess my answer would be maybe sometimes. But, no, I don't think the end ever justifies doing something that is flat out wrong.
5. What makes your hair stand on end?
6. I read an article on the website Eat This! Health, that listed 11 foods we can eat to help end bad moods. Basically it's a feed your brain so you're less anxious, grouchy and lethargic. The foods are-mussels, swiss chard, blue potatoes, grass fed beef, dark chocolate, greek yogurt, asparagus, honey, cherry tomatoes, eggs, and coconut. Which of those do you think would most help end your own bad mood? Which do you fear, if forced to eat, would put you into a bad mood?
Good mood - beef Bad mood - swiss chard
7. What project around your home, office, or life in general feels like there is 'no end in sight'?
Getting rid of the clutter.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We helped pack 100 shoe boxes for Samaritan's Purse last night. It was so much fun and we know the children will have so much fun with their gifts when the receive them.
Click the button above to play along with Joyce and the Wednesday Hodgepodge